ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > deezyellownutz

Rate this Entry

Shipping

Posted March 31st, 2010 at 05:09 AM by deezyellownutz

Oh man, I never had such a hard time trying to ship something in my life! Then again I never shipped to Canada before. Anyways I was trying to send a part to a fellow ninjette.org memeber and I didn't realize that they were out of Canada. I realized it after the fact, but I didn't think too much of it. Hell, people from China send stuff to the US all the time right? Anyways, so off I go - Packed both items - doubled tapped - double wrapped.. and everything. I get to the post office... and waiting 30 minutes to find out its too big.

International shipments are limited to 79 cubic inches... wth is that all about... so anyways... I go home and find another box that was smaller but not too small that the parts would get damaged. Back to the post office and another 20 minute wait. It's still to big... hell its a fairing... its not going to get any smaller!... lol the post office worker tell me to to go to mailboxes etc. So I go... and I get a quote to ship... UPS $175 and FexEx $275... lol I was asking $262.50 per fairing that's just ridiculous for shipping. Their excuse was it goes by plane to Canada... I asked what about a truck..? Hell what about 10-14 day service? Doesn't exist.

So I get home and I am just frustrated beyond words. Not to mention its been raining for the last 3 days and I had to go and pump out the water in the garage next door where I store my bikes and help my neighbor. I failed to ship the item and didn't do get anything done from the time I got home 4pm to 10pm besides water log my tims and get bounced around by shipping companys trying to rip me a new one. ARGGGHHH!!!!!

On a light note! I was able to find a full SS exhaust system for the bike. Never heard of Tsukigi exhaust before but it was the right size and look for the price. $420 for the entire system. I did look at Area P but I just didn't like the design. I'll try something new and post results. Also picked up a spare set for carbs for $100 from ebay from a bike with 71 miles and a DJ kit for $68.

So I plan on doing a new mods, since the bike is under warranty for another 4 years, I wanted to have the original set in case I muck things up jetting it, I'll put the stock unmodified carbs and Im back in business.

R&G frame sliders are due today, the front cowl, rh rear fairing, rh & lh lower fairing, front fender, gas tank and undertail are in. Still waiting on the LH rear fairing, seat, rear cowl. The person that sold me the gas tank from ebay finally called me, he was getting ready to be deployed. So I can understand the delay in the response but good thing I opened as case as he would have never known if didn't because ebay had actually called his cell to notify him of the open case. Anyways, I got a $21 discount on the tank. I didn't want to be a dbag and demand I send the tank back or anything like which is clearly within my right, but he was a good guy and I already got a killer deal on the tank.

Alright, more to come in the next few days and I mount and get everything lined and test fitted before paint.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2892 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation