ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > sometimesido

Notices

Rate this Entry

Motorcycle trip planning - 5

Posted March 16th, 2009 at 08:31 PM by sometimesido

Great! I found couple more rips on my 3 year old mesh gloves. Oh look, it's still raining outside!

So, off we go out in the rain to ride to my nearest bike accessory shop to buy a set of gloves, but I knew I needed other things...

Only decent one I liked was $69.99 which I didn't want to pay so I didn't. I bought an oil filter(Fram part # CH6012) and made an order for the front brake pads(EBC part # FA129HH). They're prices were same as an online company I was looking at earlier. I said, same price, same amount of days to get it, but store front to return to? I'll order them.

While there, I asked the older gentleman who was helping me with the order if he knew any product that works on foggy face shield. He looked at my helmet and and knew exactly what model it was and showed me a little feature which I did not know about...

The little knob on the left side of the helmet which is used to lock the shield, when turned the opposite way, opens the shield half click. Then he showed me a little spray he uses, but suggested I try the half click method first. I felt embarrassed for not even knowing my own gear's features. I smiled and thanked him.

Wal-mart is evil...
I originally went in to pick up some motor oil(Rotella synthetic 5W-40), but ended up spending about 20 bucks more. I also almost bought some rain-X, but I remembered a little tip I've read about using car wax on another forum, so I decided not to buy them. Also, upon reading the fine print, I learned that it is not safe to use on plastic. Good find.

Checking newenough again, I found a set of gloves for 17 bucks...

I want to keep the cost down on this trip, but I also don't want to break down or hurt myself by not wearing enough gear...

P.S. I'm starting to like riding in the rain. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4039 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation