ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > JayVapes

Notices

Rate this Entry

Just a guy and his bike

Posted October 14th, 2021 at 10:33 AM by JayVapes

It’s been several years that I’ve owned this bike. I got it for my commute during college and it has always had a spot in my heart being it was my first motorcycle. I had it at my business for storage but after a break in I found that the thieves stole my key. And it was downhill from there. I had it in my mind to take it to a friends house and remove the ignition with all the tools he had. Simply put he and I had a falling out and we never worked on it but had disassembled the fairings and various pieces previously.

Anywho I ended up moving the bike not far by pushing it to another friends home who had many tools. We were planning on piecing it together but in a tragic turn of events he ended taken his own life. So months passed and my friends dad called to ask I wanted the bike and various pieces, he was moving…

The bike has made full circle and parked right back at my shop. After reading threads and chatting with peopl I decided to keep the old ignition and go from there. I had a locksmith come to the shop and made me two keys. It was nice to finally unlock the the handlebars.

My carburetor was no laughing matter either. I had purchased a rebuild kit but found that the previous owner drilled out and modified the idle emissions valve. I ended up speaking with Ducatiman and he rebuilt it to almost new condition. Currently I have a list of things to do and although others may find it easy, I don’t have a lot of tools many people have nor the knowledge this is the first bike I’ve ever worked on and I keep rereading instructions before actually doing it.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 27455 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation