ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

Installing A USB Charger On A Motorcycle

Posted January 17th, 2016 at 06:26 PM by johnydecali
Updated January 17th, 2016 at 06:30 PM by johnydecali (Correcting YouTube link.)

Spent the day doing a quick upgrade mod to the Lil Green Monster by adding a USB charger to it. The install of the USB charger is a simple plug and play that requires simple tools (screw driver and a set of Allen wrenches) to install.

I picked up the USB charger that is specifically designed for motorcycles, from Amazon, for a little over $13. After a simple removal of a few panels and the seat, fishing the electrical wire through the frame, and cinching everything down with zip ties, this project was completed in less than an hour.

Now I’ll be able to charge my iPhone or keep my GoPro powered on long rides thanks to this USB motorcycle charger.

Link to original page on YouTube.

ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Old
Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average.

Everything Canceled

Posted January 14th, 2016 at 06:59 PM by HoneyBadgerRy

On my way home from PT I saw a dodge pulling out of his driveway, I swerved to avoid him, when I tried to bring the carb back it hit a wet ice patch and spill rapidly, I hit a power line pole and totaled my car. This leaves my torn apart Ninja as my most reasonable form of transportation in Northern Indiana. I slapped the motor back together left the fairings off, and all modifications are on hold until I get another beater car. (Might be this summer, might not he till I get back home from boot camp.)
ninjette.org certified postwhore
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Why good gear? Here's why.

Posted December 25th, 2015 at 05:36 AM by adouglas

TL; DR - You think leathers are expensive? Try a hospital bill on for size. Here's the real cost.

About a month ago, I got a leg infection unrelated to motorcycling. Simple, even trivial thing... a break in the skin on my left calf got infected.

Within 24 hours my leg from the knee to the ankle was the color of corned beef hash, swollen like a party balloon and I had a fever pushing 103.

I wound up in the hospital for five days, on IV antibiotics. That's all they did... no surgery, nothing but a bed, food, 24/7 nursing care and IV.

Yesterday, the bill arrived.

Thankfully, I have a good insurance plan. It does require coinsurance, however. For those who don't know the confusing terminology of the insurance world, coinsurance means that when something costly like a hospital stay happens, the insurance company pays most, but not all, of the bill. You pay the rest.

Here are the actual numbers off the...
Cat herder
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Suspension Upgrades

Posted October 21st, 2015 at 04:59 PM by HoneyBadgerRy
Updated December 28th, 2015 at 06:30 PM by HoneyBadgerRy

I cut the fork springs to have the proper strength for my 134lb ass, slid the forks an inch up, and mouned clipons above the trippleclamps. Installed a 2004 Zx6r shock with zero preloaded, made 6.5" dogebones, and installed pirelli mt75s front and back. The bike feels planted. I had to remove the dash and install the trailtech vapor, lighter weight, more accurate, better looking, its a win win. The bike has more stance, I haven't pushed it yet (wet pavement dark, new suspension = no pushing), but it feels a lot better.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Engine Mods

Posted October 21st, 2015 at 04:54 PM by HoneyBadgerRy
Updated January 6th, 2016 at 08:13 AM by HoneyBadgerRy

My goal for my engine is most HP between 10,000 and 12,000 rpm and increase throttle responce, drivability, idle, and power below 8k doesn't matter.. I installed the K&N R-0990 and measured to make sure the intake track was the proper length, it was 7.5" perfect, I also removed all casting flaws from the head. I will either install high compression pistons, or deck the cylinder, I will broaden the intake port, polish the combustion chamber and the exhaust. I plan on installing an intake cam in the exhaust and retarding the cam gear a few degrees, but that is uncharted territory, and I won't have any dyno access until the beginning of April, and even then it will be difficult and I won't have many tools, so I don't know if I will be able to adjust cam timing. So far the bike is running a hell of a lot better than stock, pulls very smooth, jetting is perfect. Let's hope the engine build keeps going this smooth.

I'm not sure how far the stock coils will...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Possible alternative for Factory Pro Blue Magic Shift Spring

Posted August 18th, 2015 at 12:38 AM by Ghostt
Updated August 22nd, 2015 at 08:57 AM by Ghostt

I was looking into the Factory Pro Blue Magic Spring which helps with false neutral, and gear selection problems. It's a stiffer spring in short.

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodk14.html

From the Factory Pro website

Quote:
F-Pro
Blue Shift Spring

Guys be like "When you gonna make a 250 Shift Spring?"

Find Neutral easier - (ok, n is pretty easy to find on a Kaw :-)
Improve lazy shifting.
virtually eliminate missed shifts.
virtually eliminate false neutrals.
help prevent gearbox damage caused by missed shifts.

Countless hours of thought went into this spring's specs.

"The Blue Magic spring"

$16
Positive feedback rating

This kit includes the new F-Pro Shift Spring.
That's
in your machine
Old

Kawasaki ZX Ignition Coil Pack modification.

Posted August 9th, 2015 at 09:45 PM by Ghostt
Updated August 30th, 2015 at 08:49 AM by Ghostt

I've decided to do the coil over plug modification on SERENITY, so first step was to purchase the coils.

After looking on eBay I found a set for 00-02 Kawasaki ZX6R ZX6 05-08 ZZR600 Engine Motor Ignition Coil Packs w/ Harness, for a total cost of $30.00. Must have the harness which is needed to adapt the Ninjette wiring to the coils. It's important to get the harness, because the coil connectors are different.

Next step was to unwrap the coil harness, so I could cut the OEM connectors from the harness.

Cut at the OEM splice points, which there are two.

in your machine
Old

Icon Airmada Gold Iridium Visor

Posted August 7th, 2015 at 02:40 AM by johnydecali

Recently I picked up a gold iridium visor for my helmet (yay Revzilla!), something that I've been wanting to pick up since purchasing my Icon Airmada Chantilly helmet. One thing that I love about an iridium visor is its reflectivity, so bad ass in my opinion. Along with a new visor, I decided to relocate my GoPro from the chin of my helmet to the handle bar of my bike. In one short day, I rode around San Francisco and Marin County; capturing videos of myself with the GoPro that shows off my new visor. With a simple adjustment I'm seeing the world in a different point of view. And with the reflectivity of the iridium visor, you can "see" what I'm seeing. Check out the video below to see what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/UiRIWVGT8sU" TARGET="_blank">Link to original page on YouTube.

ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Unicorn!

Posted July 16th, 2015 at 05:12 PM by johnydecali

Finally got the unicorn!

Now as to what a unicorn is varies to each person. Yes, a unicorn is a mythical creature that resembles a horse but with a horn that protrudes from its forehead, however for urban lore a unicorn is something or someone that is unattainable. Unattainable such as your dream car, your crush, a far off destination, super rare limited edition Jordan, and so on. Sometimes one can obtain their unicorn, once one catches a unicorn they can have a new unicorn in place of the former.

As for myself, my unicorn is to take a photograph of Lil Green Monster (my motorcycle) at the Pacific Overlook with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background during sunset. As simple as it sounds, it is not.

ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Super fun routes

Posted July 16th, 2015 at 09:34 AM by NevadaWolf

Day routes, weekend routes, whatever routes that just make sure you have a fantastic day!

Good for an after work ride.

Certified looney toon
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation