ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Duchess

Notices

Rate this Entry

Obligatory intro post!

Posted July 21st, 2012 at 03:53 PM by Duchess

I could use some help on naming my blog, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

My name is Kristina, I’m 26 years old and live in Michigan – an hour out of Detroit in suburbia. I am a girly girl but I like breaking the stereotype, such as riding my own bike and working in IT. I am an IT Help Desk Administrator and junior Systems Administrator by day, and by night I work in web development and marketing for my favorite non-profit organizations. My current goal is to start my own nonprofit for Epidermolysis Bullosa which is my current project that keeps me busy. Even with everything on my plate, I think one of the most important aspects of life is to enjoy it and have fun. Whenever I can, I like to get out into the world and simply be active. There is so much to see and do and I hope to be a part of a bigger picture. I just love riding – getting away from stress, escaping the responsibilities, and enjoying the camaraderie of fellow bikers (of any type!)

My pink ’05 Ninja 250 is my baby and I don’t ever intend on replacing her (maybe just adding to the family). I’m pretty little, so getting anything bigger may not be feasible. Even still, I’m a simple girl and just having something to ride is what makes me happy.

Now I’m gonna get deep here for a sec.

The other day I was riding home after a long work day and, as usual, it was bumper to bumper traffic. Highway driving is always a nightmare: the heat, the honking, the tire shreds from semi-trucks on the side of the road… utter chaos of angry motorists who believe that dodging and weaving from lane to lane will shed more than 30 seconds off their commute. Just miles of metal and cement where I’m sure Bambi and the like used to roam goodness knows how long ago.

So while I am sitting at a standstill and waiting for traffic to start moving, suddenly a butterfly flies past me and erratically flutters between parked cars until I couldn’t see it anymore. It was beautiful to see some sort of nature amidst everything that I loathe about travelling at 5pm on a weekday. It reminded me of why I love riding so much and the freedom it gives me.

For all those who read this, +1 sensitivity point.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 17459 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    As for a name for your blog, how about "Pink Ninja Butterflies and such" ?
    Posted July 21st, 2012 at 04:17 PM by Little Green Machine Little Green Machine is offline

2. Old Comment
    Great post.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation