ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Jason5885

Notices

Rate this Entry

My 2010 Ninja 250 Winter Project

Posted December 9th, 2014 at 05:22 AM by Jason5885

So i've decided to write my first blog ever and record all my work that im doing on my ninja. I've only been into bikes for coming on a year and a half now and have been self teaching myself through this site and everywhere i can really. This is really for myself to read over but im happy for anyone else to follow or even assist me if i struggle.

Here's my to do list

.Replace wheels with Pirelli Rosso 2's
.Replace Stock Exhaust with Area P full standard system
.Install Power Commander 5
.Take to Dyno to Map
.Repaint/Repair Fairing
.Scrub clean and lubricate Chain
.Locate Fault with indicators (solid)

That's all i can think of at the moment. The aim is to get it ready for april/may time when the good weather comes in. I will probably do more to it as go along.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21141 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    UPDATE 15/12/14

So On Sat afternoon I was able to get a few things done.

First of all i set up my new Warrior Front and Rear Paddock stands which i got off Ebay for £40/$62 Inc Delivery. They were so simple to set up and seemed to be of good quality.

After Proping my bike up I Stripped her down and began to clean/lubricate the chain. My Chain brush didn't arrive on time so i used kitchen roll and toothbrushes to get the worst of it. I was using the WURTH cleaner and the dry lubricant, the cleaner didnt seem to get the dirt off of the rear sprocket which was annoying, but it got the worst of it off of the chain. Its not 100% clean but it will do, I will re-do this come summertime.

Next on the agenda was to replace the stock air filter with my K&N Air Filter, relatively simple to do except it was so damn cold it was impossible to apply grease out of the tiny tube they give you in the kit around the lip of the filter lol.

Next I fitted my power commander 5, this was a bit daunting to me as im a beginner when it comes to bike maintenance/electrics, i printed instructions from the wiki, and had the box instructions too.
    What a job it was taking the Fuel Injection connectors out and the throttle positioning sensor took effort too, had to move the fluid tank out the way to get to it. But i got the job done! The PC5 lit up when the bike started and everything sounded normal, the bike cut out at first when i twisted the throttle but im assuming thats because its been in a freezing garage for close to 2 months without the fuel tank connected.

Also, the indicator stuck on solid problem is now fixed, when i reconnected the fuel tank, the indicators then flashed as they should, go figure!

Next is to fit the Areap full 12'' standard system after christmas

Posted December 15th, 2014 at 06:11 AM by Jason5885 Jason5885 is offline

Motorcycle Safety Foundation