ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

Drill Drill Drill

Posted August 12th, 2013 at 12:50 PM by Lychee

So... You know those Harbor Freight extended hex keys tools on the ninja 250 faq? yea make sure you buy the one that does not have a ball on the end! I did and it stripped the allen on the first quarter turn!!! ()&*%#@@@!@$^&*!!!

Rewind...
Yesterday after many delays I finally suspended my 250 by its swing arm and its triple tree and removed the handle bars, brake, and front wheel. Yay for tie wraps being great parts holders. Then I used an adjustable clamping wrench at the axle end of the fork and rotated the fork until the wrench contacted the triple tree stand. Bam! Instant vertical vise! The bike is very stable on the stands, I am not sure why people need to use a vise for this. Fairing removal was not necessary except for the two little lips that divert air into the radiator. Once those were removed there is plenty of room to work. I ran into some trouble with the starboard side damper rod bolt when the brand new Harbor Freight tool stripped the bolt...
sail away
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

1986 kawasaki 1000r ninja

Posted August 10th, 2013 at 10:35 PM by ccaputo

I am looking for a COMPLETE wiring diagram and wiring schematics for my 1986 kawasaki 1000r ninja. If anyone can help a fellow crotch rocket brother out I would be VERY stoked. Thank You!!!
ninjette.org newbie
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fun rides I've been on!

Posted August 6th, 2013 at 02:18 PM by NevadaWolf
Updated July 16th, 2015 at 09:41 AM by NevadaWolf

Traveling so much has shown me twisty roads all over the country. Here is where I attempt to record them to share with others!

Arizona

California

Colorado

Idaho

Nevada

New Mexico

Oregon

Utah

West Virginia

Plus I also have some common routes I play on that just give me a place to play, round my tires off, and spend the day enjoying life on the back of a motorcycle.

Super fun routes
Certified looney toon
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

New suspension...

Posted July 31st, 2013 at 08:59 AM by Lychee

I am prepping for my first track day and I magically came across a few great deals on suspension parts. I was just going to throw it on the track, but it is really bouncy. So I decided I am going to throw in a 300 rear shock, valve emulators & drilled rods and a .75 sonic front spring. Total spent is $215. WOw! The valve emulators only come with the track spring. I'll call Race Tech when they show up in the mail and see what they can get me. I hope the spring comes with the preload shim that I hear it does. Otherwise I will need to visit home depot or something for some pvc tubing. I guess I will need to figure out how to set the sag at some point too.

So I received the 300 shock yesterday, and it looks pretty new. I ripped out the 250 shock and decided well I've come this far why not relube the unitrac and swing arm too. So out they come and oh look there is a bearing on the tie rods too. A few kerosene smelling dirty rags later and lots of goop and everything is cleaned...
sail away
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Boat fishing!

Posted July 25th, 2013 at 05:09 PM by Joshorilla

Went out boat fishing and caught about 30+ mackerel, great fun, was pulling five out at a time on the mackerel feathers with every cast, stayed out till about midnight!

More effective than spearfishing, yes sorta.

More fun? Not really, but still a good laugh!

I prefer to select the exact fish I want and only that fish and dispatch of it in one shot, far more humane.

We got a couple herring which is rare for here, that was a nice surprise.
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Spearfishing!

Posted July 23rd, 2013 at 03:59 PM by Joshorilla

I went out spearfishing today, caught myself a nice sized wrasse. It's amazing the amount of funny looks you get from people carrying a metre long speargun pointing up out your backpack to a decent and sharp point. But cars back the **** up!

It's great fun, highly recomended, even though i almost got killed by a tide about 1mph less than I can swim with fins.
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

From California to New York (but mostly stuff inbetween)

Posted July 17th, 2013 at 03:45 PM by Jiggles

tl;dr I rode from California to New York. It was fun.

Alright so, there's a lot of **** I wrote about in here, a whole lot. I half expect people to take one look and go **** no! So, here is a time lapse video of the entire trip. All video, err pictures, were taken from the bike, About 40,000 in total all condensed down to less than 4 minutes.

If you only have time to read one post, read day 14, thats a good one

My favorite day of riding was Day 5

Enjoy

Link to original page on YouTube.

Day 1

So the big day is finally here. Time to set out on the trip. I'm all packed up with 5 days of clothes, toiletries, tools, cameras, electronics, earplugs out the ass, and probably some other stuff too. The plan is to ride Mt. Hamilton to Livermore, then head to Sacramento and finally to Lake Tahoe. The traveling party is myself on the BMW K1300S, Brian on a Ninja 250 and Brian's mom and cousin in a Toyota Corolla....

Jigglin' your Jiglets
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

2009 ninja 250r engine ticking & knocking noise

Posted July 8th, 2013 at 10:29 AM by ubxssangz

HI all,

Thank goodness for this forum.
I have a 2009 NINJA 250R, 6K miles, no modifications. I hope to give you as much details as possible.

Service History:
Got the bike used at about 4000 miles.
Flushed and replaced the coolant at about 4500 miles. After i passed the 5500 miles i noticed that i kept on loosing coolant and the heat signal kept on coming on when riding in low speeds . I kept on re-filling the reserve coolant tank up to that point then learned that i had to fill it from the filler neck, which was a little low in coolant. After that i have no problems with the bike heating up.
I have recently used seafoam on the gas tank for the last 2 consecutive fills(6 oz of seafoam with 3 gallons of gasoline).
I have also used seafoam right before an oil change 4 oz of seafoam and rode for about 75 miles. Again, i have used seafoam on the engine oil after the oil change, 4 oz of seafoam and rode for about 150 miles with...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

And now for something completely different! II

Posted June 27th, 2013 at 11:32 AM by Joshorilla
Updated November 21st, 2013 at 09:20 PM by Joshorilla

I have spent this week refitting my yacht, going to be done in a month or two!

Sanded down the whole hull, started the antifouling on the bottom, it's loking lush!
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Its offical, planning our first long bike trip *permagrin*

Posted June 25th, 2013 at 08:21 PM by sassyninja

Like the title says ITS OFFICAL!!!! ROAD TRIP!!! We are taking 2 weeks and gonna try to make our way to the California area. The plan is still under construction and Im super stoked about it! I wanna see EVERYTHING!! I havent travelled much ( just got my passport 2 weeks ago) so I have a hitlist thats 10 pages long. We were planning on sticking along the coast, as long as the weather co-operates. But we're also doing research to see whats going on along the way and trying to find places that people recommend. I think we ll be camping most nights with a few hotel nights mixed in there. I can t wait to explore the west coast! I love new experiences and I have a feeling I'll learn LOTS in the short amount of time we have.
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation