ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > deezyellownutz

Rate this Entry

Rear and Front Sliders Installed!!!

Posted March 31st, 2010 at 09:55 PM by deezyellownutz

So I did the R&G frame sliders. I can tell you these things are thick and I believe would survice the crash. They com in two parts, the main assembly is solid aluminum... I felt good to handle and bolt on. All bolts were stamped 12.9 none of that 8.8 BS that we tend to see sometimes. Also the rear spools were pretty good. They came with the little spacer already molded on. I was thinking about buying T-Rex rear spools but when I inquired about them, they were pretty vague and I didn't like their response and the fact it didn't show spacers on the product photo... so no name ones of ebay! Wasn't bad $22 shipped. Ordered Monday and they got to me on Wedneday.

GPR sent my damper! Woot! so the story is I bought a F4i GPR damper that was new unopened and I sold the bike to get the Ninjette. Smart move right, I know thanks. Anyways I was able to do an exchange with GPR and get the damper for the Ninjette... I only paid $225 off of CL and $25 to ship to GPR!!!

Looking at the photos looks like the top triple clamp will have to come off... bummer... not not a problem.. I'm not a novice... = ).

Anyways back to the R&G Sliders. I had to use a dremel and cut away the bracket that was holding the iginition for each cylinder. I then had to grind down the remaining bracket welds to fit the bracket. I had to do a few things over because I wasn't paying attention. I took a few pictures to show what I did. Anyways I will write up a more detailed explanation tomorrow when I get a chance. I'm missing my LH rear fairing. I suspect they may have shipped it to my home address. Excuse to go home and visit mom then! Well stay tuned. Everything is coming together!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4425 Comments 0
« Shipping     Main     UPS - FedEx and USPS »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation