ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > deezyellownutz

Rate this Entry

Another Kaw comes along

Posted March 19th, 2010 at 12:29 PM by deezyellownutz

I searching various forums and looking at mods and what is available and for what I decided to try to find a decent Kawasaki 250R 08-10 for my wife to ride.

Searching around a few of the busier local dealers, the price was approx. $3699 - $4199 for a used one with various mileage and all.

I was able to find a smaller dealership that had taken a trade in that they actually sold. A 2008 Kawasaki EX250R Special Edition. I wasn't too keen on the color scheme for the asking price of $3395. After contacting the dealer I was told that previous owner had purchased the 4 year extended warranty through Kawasaki and it still had 4 more months on the original warranty.

After a few minutes, the answer was clear to me that this is what I need to get! Used yes, but not from Joe Smoe but from a dealer still within the original factory warranty and comes with the extended warranty. Bike had 3K miles on it, but otherwise was in mint showroom condition.

So I headed to the dealership after work on my 10 and got there. We chatted and I was able to get the price down to $3300 out the door. Using cash usually helps btw! So I was now the owner of a 2009 Kawasaki EX250R!

Obviously I couldn't ride both home, so it is being delivered to me next week. One the way home I did all the insurance paperwork and will be getting new plates for the new addition to the family.

This is for the wife who is 5 feet even. So there lots of mods.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5693 Comments 2
Main     Rain Rain »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Congrats on the new scoot!

2. Old Comment
    Thanks - Keep an eye out everyone - I will be posting pictures of the bike and the progression from start to finish as I start working on this bike once it arrives.
    Posted March 23rd, 2010 at 06:08 AM by deezyellownutz deezyellownutz is offline

Motorcycle Safety Foundation