mind clearing
love deepening
life changing
Ninja chick
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

My Daily Commute

Posted February 19th, 2012 at 08:25 PM by gfloyd2002

A video of my daily commute, taken on my Contour Roam. If you are interested in Barbados or riding conditions in Barbados, take a look.

Link to original page on YouTube.

User Title Free Since '12
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Follow me though a rear shock swap

Posted February 11th, 2012 at 11:27 PM by Gorilla25

Originally wanted to do a CBR shock swap because some have remote reservoirs. I could not find a decently priced one, so i settled for swapping in an R1 shock. click for more details.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95716
Dakine...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Follow me through my fork seal change and stiffer front end

Posted February 11th, 2012 at 11:24 PM by Gorilla25
Updated July 21st, 2012 at 01:32 AM by Gorilla25

My fork seals were leaking, so it needed changing. I also will stiffen up the front end. Im a heavier rider so i need it a little more stiff compared to stock. click for more details.

EDIT: My thread has now been merged with the replace fork seal DIY. go to post #43 on the second page to see where i started.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ght=fork+seals
Dakine...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ecotrons EFI ProCAL Calibrations

Posted February 1st, 2012 at 10:44 AM by Scattcatt
Updated May 29th, 2012 at 04:08 PM by Scattcatt

Everything in green pertains to the original hardware, scroll down to the normal text to get to the new and improved kit. Note that the calibrations can still be used for both versions of the kit

Figured I'd keep from blowing the EFI Group Buy thread up and just post my calibrations that I've tried here so those who wish to try my calibrations out for themselves can do so.

The program used is ProCAL. I'm using .cal file distributed on 02/02/2012

My performance modifications to the bike:

1) Full carbon fiber Yoshimura exhaust
2) Ecotrons EFI throttlebody installed upside down with no further modifications
3) K&N dual pod air filters
4) Removed snorkel

As of the latest updated version of this blog, I have not installed the O2 sensors or even welded the bungs to my headers.

Keep in mind that every bike may behave differently, even under the same circumstances. Different modifications
Attached Files
File Type: zip Decel Fuel Cut Off-15300.zip (294 Bytes, 38 views)
File Type: zip After-start and Warm-up factor.zip (707 Bytes, 17 views)
File Type: zip After-start and Warm-up factor2.zip (689 Bytes, 17 views)
File Type: zip Desired Lambda.zip (26.4 KB, 30 views)
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Track

Posted January 26th, 2012 at 03:49 PM by alex.s

there's something about motorcycles. something about speed. something about the vulnerability of doing 100mph at full lean, inches away from the ground. it must be what skydivers feel. the adrenaline rush that comes from knowing the fact that at any moment, if you fail your bike or your bike fails you, you will be sliding across the pavement or flying through the air towards disaster. its why we ride canyons. its why we drive like assholes. not only is it amazingly fun and enjoyable. its extremely addictive.

so what could possibly be better? i didn't know until recently. a friend told me about a racer who he had spoken to. the racer told amazing stories about racing and the track. he offered to help him get started. he hauled his truck, helped him with tools and the essentials and helped him get everything ready. i immediately dismissed it as too expensive. too much work. too much output for not enough reward. whats better about the track vs my local canyons? canyons are...
wat
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Album

Posted January 24th, 2012 at 01:17 PM by oreX

I've been keeping an album on an image sharing website called 'imgur'. It's quite easy to use and makes sharing images a breeze. Check it out!

http://imgur.com/a/zc2EX#0
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A New Couch for the Potato!

Posted December 28th, 2011 at 10:44 PM by PlaneGuy

Well, here it is almost New Year and I haven't written anything for some time. Between being busy, the colder temps, and not being well, I just haven't been motivated to put any miles on the Ninjette. But today was different. The weather was beautiful with temps in the low 50's (F) all the way up to Lake Tahoe. I was thinking of riding up the Tahoe but then decided not to take the time. Fortunately for me I have numerous loop routes starting at my house in the Sierra foothills.

Today's ride was up through Coloma and on up to Georgetown, over to Cool and Pilot Hill, and then back down to El Dorado Hills via Salmon Falls Road prior to returning home. Total distance was only 70mi but much of it was on twisty little two-lane roads, all different. Ride time was one hour and forty minutes, enough time to really get a feel for my new saddle.

Did I mention I got a new saddle? I did. I called Corbin and ordered a "Gunfighter & Lady" saddle. This is a...
Annoying gadfly
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Mods

Posted December 23rd, 2011 at 02:20 PM by saxnbass
Updated March 4th, 2012 at 10:26 PM by saxnbass

Mods done to my Ninja:

Shimmed carbs (2 washers)
Pulled Snorkel
DanMoto Slip-On Exhaust
FIAM Freeway Blaster Horn
Hacksaw Fender Eliminator
Extendable Mirrors
Reflective Red Rimstripes
Reflective Red Tribal Decals
Non-reflective Red Kawasaki, Ninja, and ZX-2R decals
Red HotBodies Double Bubble Windscreen
LED Turn Signals; rear, flushmount and front strips
Driven Clip-ons and Bar Ends
Red ASV F3 Adjustable Levers
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Line (Front only)
ProGrip Grips
Black Painted Passenger Pegs
Red Bohemian Racing Adjustable Rearsets
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Tyres (140 rear, 110 front)

To come:
Remove KLEEN air system
Fairing LEDs
Sportisi GP Cowl

Maybe:
Black Fairing and Windscreen Bolts
Area P Full Exhaust System moded to sit undertail
Digital Gauge Cluster (Probably Koso with...
ninjette.org certified postwhore
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

11/11/11

Posted November 10th, 2011 at 08:40 PM by little fish

I decided to go for a little ride today. it was about 65 deg. at noon and it felt nice outside. so off i went. a little trip from Fort Valley to Pinehurst, by way of all back roads. ( also had to drop a book off at a friends)
so before i left i threw some sourkruaght and a couple dogs in the crockpot, turned it on high while i got ready. finished a few things around the house and off i went. i got down to Pinehurst at about 2:00, dropped the book off and felt a little chilly(and hungry). i decided to take the interstate back. i was cruising at about 70 and i started to shake (my legs were).
i couldn't understand why i was shaking, it wasn't THAT cold out. well got to my exit and decide to put some fuel in her. she needed it too, i pumped in 3.9 gals. when i walked in the store to get a cup of coffee i noticed that it was 55 deg. out. the temp had been falling all day and i didn't know it. the thought of the dogs and kruaght was making my stomach growl and i couldn't wait...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation