ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Scattcatt

Rate this Entry

Ecotrons EFI ProCAL Calibrations

Posted February 1st, 2012 at 10:44 AM by Scattcatt
Updated May 29th, 2012 at 04:08 PM by Scattcatt

Everything in green pertains to the original hardware, scroll down to the normal text to get to the new and improved kit. Note that the calibrations can still be used for both versions of the kit

Figured I'd keep from blowing the EFI Group Buy thread up and just post my calibrations that I've tried here so those who wish to try my calibrations out for themselves can do so.

The program used is ProCAL. I'm using .cal file distributed on 02/02/2012

My performance modifications to the bike:

1) Full carbon fiber Yoshimura exhaust
2) Ecotrons EFI throttlebody installed upside down with no further modifications
3) K&N dual pod air filters
4) Removed snorkel

As of the latest updated version of this blog, I have not installed the O2 sensors or even welded the bungs to my headers.

Keep in mind that every bike may behave differently, even under the same circumstances. Different modifications may dramatically change your results from the ones that I obtained. All of my tests mentioned and described here were conducted with the Eco/RICH switch in the "RICH" position. All tests also take place in Las Vegas, NV at an altitude of approximately 2205ft above sea level, at local time (Pacific) unless otherwise noted. I'm also unable to give accurate data on my fuel economy because I vary my riding styles and different calibrations so frequently, once I find a set up that I like for a while, then I'll try and get some of this fuel economy data.

All of these have been imported into Excel, so all you have to do to try one is import it to the corresponding chart on ProCAL.

At first I had problems with the engine stalling and not being able to blip the throttle when downshifting effectively. I set the fuel cut off feature to kick in only above 15,300 RPMs (the max allowed on ProCAL). Ninja 250R's normally cannot rev that high to begin with, so this forces fuel to flow to the engine at all times. Try the zipped attachment: "Decel Fuel Cut Off-15300"

My next goal was to clean up the power curve a little bit, it ran rough through a large portion of the RPMs which in my case was due to being too lean. I began to play with the Desired Lambda charts to see if I could adjust this on my own. The maps I have created so far are in the zipped folders below. The decimal number represents the number I adjusted the majority of the problematic areas with on the chart. The chart works like this as I learned from Matt at Ecotrons: A cell with a "1" in it means that it's programmed for the ideal air to gasoline stoichiometric ratio of 14.7. This means that there are 14.7 parts air per 1 part gasoline, this is the most efficient ratio to be at. Maximum power, however, comes at a slightly lower AFR (Air to Fuel Ratio). The numbers on the chart are the AFR's divided by 14.7, so 14.7/14.7=1. If you take my map labeled ".899" this means my AFR is 13.2153 (13.2153/14.7=.899). Knowing this now, the maps in the zipped folder below are richer as the number decreases, and are leaner with a higher number. There may be more, fine tuned adjustments in the later editions of the maps (ie, Map .899 B will be more adjusted in different areas than Map .899 A) all my maps are in one zipped folder called "Desired Lambda" Maps 1 through 4 are rough and un-tapered maps since I haven't decided a formula to taper my values to yet, but they do their job of giving a smoother power band in my tests. Maps labeled "Linearization" are crude, tapered maps off of the formula of a line. Cubic maps likely will be the best performing maps and I'll create them after experimenting with linear maps first. <- This statement actually looks to be wrong. My Block maps are by far the most successful, adding a tiny cubic curve on the extreme low end will not increase performance, but will increase fuel economy. 02/05/2012 UPDATE: After talking to Matt, it turns out that you can edit the values on the x/y axes and have the ECU still understand. I wasn't sure about this so I always left the axes alone. This allows for a smoother overall curve for experimentation purposes and predictability. After an extremely smooth and predictable power curve, then theoretically it's just a matter of tuning one small section at a time to achieve maximum performance. In my mind at least, it's easier than gaping guess work.

I have yet to test my changes to the warm up calibrations yet, but the format that I will be using is multiplying all the cells by the same constant to maintain the current ratios between all the values of the cells. For example: "After-start and Warm-up factor - 1.5" has all of the values in the cells multiplied by 1.5 which (I think...) enrichens the AFR during the warm up period. I'll confirm it when I test it out tomorrow. These values have to stay within a 0 to 4 range as I found out, so the basic multiplication factor will be the general factor while keeping outliers within the constraints. And for the second one the constraints are 0 to 2. Keep in mind that ProCAL converts these numbers slightly as they're put into the cells, but the effect should be the same as maximizing on the constraints. Edit: Turns out, messing with the warm up procedures even a little bit makes some pretty big changes to how the bike reacts. I'll keep working on these later, but changes by just a couple percent are very noticeable. I'll attempt to just use one at a time to figure out what each chart does next with the maps I have already created.

SERVICING:

Just received servicing information from Matt at Ecotrons for the fuel injection kit. Here's a list of things that should be checked on an annual basis for problems:
  1. All the fuel routings, fuel lines, clamps, seals; pump, fuel filter, injector mount are secured. Make sure no worn, no leak, no severe bent.
  2. Fuel filter is not jammed. no deposits; fuel lines are clean, no jam.
  3. MAP sensor hose is dry and clean.
  4. Throttle cable is well lubricated, easy to pull and return spring is working good. No sticky throttle. 4.1) The link between the 2 throttle bodies are tight, solid; and no loose bolts, the alignment of 2 TB remains relatively good.
  5. All harness and branch wires are secured and fixed. No hanging wires. No wires are touching to the high temperature parts, like cylinder head, exhaust pipe, etc.
  6. Air filter is clean. Air temp. sensor is secured there.
  7. Engine temp sensor is secured. no loose bolt.

Check out my favorite, current, and project calibrations at the top! Also, use the template I made at the top and post your results for different calibrations!

My tested settings:

Calibrations:

1) Decel Fuel Cut off-15300
2) Map 7 .884353741 Block A

Overview:

Date: 02/10/2012
Time: 17:25-17:50
Temperature: 21(C)
Air Pressure: 30.00"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 16(C)

Idle: Took 3 attempts to start, not sure what that was about, thinking it was a fluke. Once the bike started the idle was fine.
Low RPM, low throttle: 3-5k rpm roughness, 6k roughness.
Low RPM, high throttle: Excellent
High RPM, low throttle: Excellent
High RPM, high throttle: Excellent

Notes:
I'm thinking those RPM problems are something outside of the "Desired Lambda" chart, many of these various calibrations simply aren't doing anything for these sections. Volumetric efficiency perhaps, I don't want to really mess with those until I have a better understanding of them first though.

Calibrations:

2) Map 7 .84 Block A

Overview:

Date: 02/09/2012
Time: 19:20-19:57
Temperature: 16(C)
Air Pressure: 30.17"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 20(C)

Idle:
Low RPM, low throttle: Good, tiny bit of roughness

Notes:
Really digging these simple maps! Only thing I'd change up on them is the super low end for fuel as stated before. Can't get much better than these!

Calibrations:

2) Map 7 .85 Block A

Overview:

Date: 02/09/2012
Time: 13:30-13:50
Temperature: 19(C)
Air Pressure: 30.20"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 44(C)

Idle: Excellent
Low RPM, low throttle: Excellent at first, then it got a little rough. After Keeping the RPM's super high for a while then testing again though (an Italian Tune-Up I believe is what Alex calls them) went back to excellent.

Notes:
Well I'm completely dumbfounded... Who would have thought such a simple map could yield such amazing results? There is ZERO tapering to this map, every cell is .85, plain and simple. I guess it makes sense for it to perform the same at all points since the .85 is an AFR, but I doubted its accuracy without the installation of the o2 sensors. By far the best map created thus far. I guess I was wrong about cubics being the best (though I will be putting a small cubic-like taper to this map to conserve fuel at low rpm's) I was even able to pull off power wheelies (not quite legit, wheel only got an inch or two off the ground, but a true wheelie may be possible by simply bouncing on the suspension, I did not try this, also, I have a 47 tooth rear sprocket as opposed to the 45 stock)

Calibrations:

2) Map 2 .875 B

Overview:

Date: 02/08/2012
Time: 13:10-
Temperature: 20(C)
Air Pressure: 30.13"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 38(C)

Low RPM, low throttle: 4-6k not smooth when cool, excellent when warm.

Notes:
Back to the basics. Excellent basic map, reclaims "favorite" status. Goes to show that simple can be better. This map is near perfect as is, only small modifications on the bottom end can make it any better.

Calibrations:

2) Map 5 .8875 Linearization F

Overview:

Time: 11:57-12:14
Temperature: 17(C)
Air Pressure: 30.18"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 58(C)

Low RPM, low throttle: Seems to lack power slightly until fully warm
Low RPM, high throttle: Same as above

Notes:
Good test, I'm not sure where I want to start taking these calibrations though. The changes I'm making are very small and aren't making a huge difference performance-wise. I'm not so sure switching to a cubic map is even the smartest idea at this point. I may consider just tuning this map over and over again until I get what I want.

Calibrations:

2) Map 5 .8875 Linearization E

Overview:

Time: 11:27-11:41
Temperature: 17(C)
Engine Starting Temperature: 51(C)

Low RPM, low throttle: Good 4-6k range was a little rough at first, but by the end of the test it was all smoothed out
High RPM, high throttle: Excelent

Notes:
Competitor for the best I've had so far, I think I can get more power out of it by shifting everything slightly richer though

Calibrations:

2) Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization I

Overview:

Time: 10:50-11:05
Temperature: 16(C)
Engine Starting Temperature: 53(C)

Idle: Likes to drop from idle to a high throttle twist.
Low RPM, low throttle: good, 6-9k problems
Low RPM, high throttle: excellent
High RPM, low throttle: 6-9k problems
High RPM, high throttle: excellent

Notes:
Has a rough spot from 6-9k checking my throttle body again to make sure it didn't come off.

Calibrations:

2) Map 5 .8875 Linearization B

Overview:

Date: 02/07/2012
Time: 22:40-23:00
Temperature: 12(C)
Air Pressure: 30.08"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 27(C)

Idle: Good, small dip once or twice
Low RPM, low throttle: Small issue from 3-5k while fully warming up.

Notes:
Super psyched to finally have her running great again! I'll probably test out the double linearization maps tomorrow starting from A or B and begin to make new calibrations based off of those two to maximize performance. I guess having the throttle body unsealed makes a big difference, who would have known?

Calibrations:

2) Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization G

Overview:

Time: 20:15-20:33
Temperature: 13(C)
Air Pressure: 30.04"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 49(C)

Idle:
Low RPM, low throttle: 6-8k ish tuning needed
High RPM, low throttle: Good, still tuning that troublesome section 6-8k ish

Notes:
Looking back at the other maps that I've made that had no problems with the 6-8k and were significantly leaner than my current tests. Something doesn't add up. I didn't start having this problem until I changed the x/y axis problems. I'll take a look at the FI system itself and make sure everything is cool, if nothing is found, then I may try out some old maps and see if I still have the same problem. I certainly hope not, otherwise I may be starting from scratch again. These maps are becoming so distorted from the original, they don't really follow much of a double linearization at all any more. Looking back at my previous notes, I didn't have this problem with this range until that "pop" a ways back. May or may not have a correlation here. NOTE! The throttle body was not on cylinder 2 correctly!

Calibrations:

2) Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization F

Overview:

Time: 19:10-19:30
Temperature: 13(C)
Air Pressure: 30.03"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 30(C)

Low RPM, low throttle: Small power curve problem at 5-6k
High RPM, low throttle: Good/Excellent, this may get the pure "Excellent" mark, just not sure if I can wring more power out of it at lower throttle settings yet
High RPM, high throttle: Excellent.

Notes:
Nearing perfection, hopefully the next map will be the one. Just need to enrichen the AFR down low I think a little more to get rid of that 6k issue. NOTE! The throttle body was not on cylinder 2 correctly!

Calibrations:

2) Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization E

Overview:

Time: 16:30-16:55
Temperature: 14(C)
Air Pressure: 30.02"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 28(C)

Idle: Great, no dipping (not a true cold start though)
Low RPM, low throttle: Good, problems with the 3-9k range are much less significant, still slightly apparent though.
Low RPM, high throttle: Good
High RPM, low throttle: Good

Notes:
Closing in on that ideal map, I'll keep adjusting that 3-9k range to clean up the power curve. After that I'll have a great baseline for cubic curve maps. NOTE! The throttle body was not on cylinder 2 correctly!

Calibrations:

2) Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization D

Overview:

Time: 13:50-
Temperature: 14(C)
Air Pressure: 30.05"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 11(C)

Idle: Great! Dropped a couple of times when the map kicked in but not bad. After a while, the idle may have even been hanging high slightly after revving. I think it all might still be too lean.
Low RPM, low throttle: Excellent when cold. After warming up it's not smooth from 3,000rpm up
High RPM, low throttle: Medium throttle settings are rough

Notes:
The roughness noted is very slight, this map is easily in the top 3 slots of the best I've run. I only run into roughness problems after the engine is very warm, like 15 or 20 minutes into the ride. As I'm adjusting, these maps are becoming closer to cubic maps only helping solidify my hypothesis that cubic maps will be the best for performance. NOTE! The throttle body was not on cylinder 2 correctly!

Calibrations:

2) Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization C

Overview:

Time: 02/06/2012 16:40-17:25
Temperature: 15 (C)
Air Pressure: 30.05 "Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 24 (C)

Idle: Excellent, dropped only 1 time.
Low RPM, low throttle: 3000-8000 rpm roughness.
High RPM, low throttle: 3000-8000 rpm roughness again
High RPM, high throttle: good.

Notes:
I think I just need to reverse the change that I did, I leaned the troublesome rpm range an it got worse, so I've already got another map ready to go that enrichens that area and we'll see how that goes tomorrow. NOTE! The throttle body was not on cylinder 2 correctly!

Calibrations:

2) Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization B

Overview:

Time: 02/06/2012 06:15-06:45
Temperature: 4 (C)
Air Pressure: 30.10 "Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 10 (C)

Idle: Good, didn't allow the map to kick in before I took off. Idle dropped at the first couple of stop signs but once it warmed up it was great.
Low RPM, low throttle: 3000-5000 RPM runs rough under around 8% throttle
Low RPM, high throttle: 6000 rpm has the lack off power still
High RPM, low throttle: good
High RPM, high throttle: excellent

Notes:
Decent map but some work needs to be done to clean up the lower range, I may be running too lean still, I won't know yet though until I create those maps solely adjusting idle (0% throttle) NOTE! The throttle body was not on cylinder 2 correctly!

Calibrations:

2) Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization A

Overview:

Time: 02/05/2012 11:00-11:25
Temperature: 12 (C)
Air Pressure: 30.19"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 11 (C)

Idle: Good, did not allow the lambda chart to kick in during the idling phase though, I was already off riding before the table took effect. Dipped low during early stops, but stopped after engine warmed up.
Low RPM, low throttle: Good, small power problem around 6,000 rpm but that's all.
High RPM, low throttle: Good, just a little roughness at around 1-3% throttle

Notes:
Very good set up, not quite as good as the single linearization, but I feel this has more potential for performance after some tweaking. NOTE! The throttle body was not on cylinder 2 correctly!

Calibrations:

2) Map 5 .8875 Linearization C

Overview:

Time: 17:40-19:13
Temperature: 14 (C)
Air Pressure: 30.10"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 23 (C)

Idle: Excellent, may be due to the relatively high starting temperature for the engine. Didn't really even have a problem with RPM drop.
Low RPM, low throttle: Okay, little rough at super low throttle inputs. Other than that, it worked fine.
Low RPM, high throttle: Zero problems, 5000-7000 RPM range issues fixed.
High RPM, low throttle: Not much of a problem, really not even much of a "lean" sound.

Notes:
Great set up, my new favorite. This is going to be what I'm going to base most of my small tuning adjustments off of now, only thing I think I might like more could be the potential gains from a cubic chart layout. Still need to figure out how to fix those low end problems though. NOTE! The throttle body was not on cylinder 2 correctly!

Calibrations:

2) Desired Lambda Map 5 .8875 Linearization B

Overview:

Time: 13:25-14:05
Temperature: 14 (C)
Air Pressure: 30.14"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 21 (C)

Idle: Rough like all the other maps once my chart kicks in, once warm it may be idling at about 1350-1400 rather than the 1500 when measured on ProCAL, but that's not much to be worried about.
Low RPM, low throttle: Decent, best so far, not perfect but it's good.
Low RPM, high throttle: Patch between 5000 and 7000 RPM that doesn't deliver max power but it's not too terrible.
High RPM, low throttle: Good, one of the best, typical "lean" sound at extremely low throttle settings (like 1-4%) but response is great outside of that.

Notes:
Very good set up, one of my favorites and I'm going to label this one as my true favorite for now. This is a promising set up which is a bit of a shocker to me, I didn't think a linear map would do that good, I'm still suspecting that a cubic map will be better, especially for fixing that small mid RPM range that is lacking in power. NOTE! The throttle body was not on cylinder 2 correctly!

Calibrations:

2) Desired Lambda Map 2 .875 B

Overview:

Time: 09:30-10:18
Temperature: 9(C)
Air Pressure: 30.22"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 9(C)

Idle: Excellent at start up, once my lambda chart kicks in the idle drops, haven't figured out if I'm too lean or too rich yet. Once the bike fully warms up it idles great (making me think my idle is too lean)
Low RPM, low throttle: Immediately after taking off this was pretty sloppy, power curve was PMSing but once it warmed up, the curve was cool under 5000 rpm, from 5000-6500 rpm the power available decreases slightly at low throttle
Low RPM,high throttle: excellent
High RPM, low throttle: Good, nothing much to report here other than when letting the throttle off completely from a 13,000-14,500 RPM (I was within the redline for sure, was testing if the limiter still worked, doesn't look like it does lol) gear shift, I heard a fairly loud pop, hoping it was just the exhaust.

This test was mostly to try out the newly distributed .cal file as well as break in my new gear. The new .cal file seems to have made initial riding on a cool engine rougher for me, but I didn't have much of an idle drop at all period once it warmed up. NOTE! The throttle body was not on cylinder 2 correctly!

Calibrations:

3) After-start and Warm-up factor - .9
4) After-start and Warm-up factor2 - .9

Overview:

Time: 10:01-10:35
Temperature: Unrecorded
Air Pressure: Unrecorded
Engine Starting Temperature: 16 (C)

Idle: Horrible until 7 minutes and engine temp of 38 (C), oscillated from 1500 to 700 rpm until "Lambda override switch, switch to 2nd fuel table" kicked in, then the RPM's stabilized at around 700. After 7 minutes, the RPM was stable at 1500 with drops when coming to a stop.
Low RPM, low throttle: Bad until warm up was completed, powercurve surged.
High RPM, low throttle: Okay once warmed up
High RPM, high throttle: Good

Above pretty much tells it all. I wasn't able to get all the data for the weather conditions due to lack of internet service. This calibration set up needs to go, and I need to figure out what's causing the oscillations as well as what the 2nd fuel table is.

Calibrations:

3) After-start and Warm-up factor - 1.5
4) After-start and Warm-up factor2 - 1.5

Overview:

Time: 07:30-08:11
Temperature: 9 (C)
Air Pressure: 30.04"Hg
Engine Starting Temperature: 12 (C)

Idle: Bad at first, great after engine warmed up
Low RPM, low throttle: okay, not great especially during warm up, after warm up it worked better, but not perfect.
Low RPM, high throttle: good, no problems to note
High RPM, low throttle: decent, not a perfect power curve, but definitely good enough not to cause problems
High RPM, high throttle: excellent, no problems to note.

Engine started up great! After about 20-30 seconds though, the idle dropped down to about 700-900 RPM's, I just left it alone and it correct itself to about 1100 RPM's after about 15 seconds, then the idle began to oscillate. I gave it some gas and after letting off, the idle dipped so low I was amazed it didn't stall. I manipulated the throttle to keep the engine alive and took off. Low range power curve was horrible, the bike stalled when coming to a red light. Eventually I found myself doing everything in my power to heat the engine up as quickly and safely as possible. Once the engine was plenty hot, the power curve was much better. Low range RPM's at low throttle positions was not perfect, but I no longer was fearing for a stall. Once properly warmed up I really didn't even notice much of an RPM dip.

Calibrations:

2) Desired Lambda Map 4 .8875 D

Overview:

Time: Unrecorded
Temperature: Unrecorded
Air Pressure: Unrecorded

Decent start up from cool, no idle fluctuation after start up. Low RPMs from 2000-6000 are a little rough at throttle positions under around 10% open, most notably during the warm up phase. Once warmed up the power curve is very stable with a small amount of roughness in the RPM range listed. RPM drops below idle when coming to a stop if power is cut to 0% throttle, especially during warming up, but corrects fairly quickly and no stalls.

Calibrations:

2) Map 7 AFR 13.0 .884353741 Block B

Overview:

Date: N/A
Time: N/A
Temperature: N/A
Air Pressure: N/A
Engine Starting Temperature: N/A

Idle: Very stable, hangs high for a little bit, could be my grip rubbing against the bar end
Low RPM, low throttle: 4k rpm roughness during warm up phase, excellent afterwards

Notes:
Amazing calibration setup, nearing perfection

Folder update list (so you know when I've put in new calibrations from previous attachments, all times are Zulu, or more commonly known as GMT outside of the aviation world, for standardization purposes):

1) 02/01/2012-17:44 GMT - First attachment upload, Desired Lambda maps and Decel Fuel Cut Off added

2) 02/02/2012-03:34 GMT - Addition of "Map 2 .875 B" in "Desired Lambda"

3) 02/02/2012-05:51 GMT - Addition of "After-start and Warm-up Factor - 1.5" and "After-start and Warm-up Factor2 - 1.5"

4) 02/02/2012-06:21 GMT - Recalibration of "After-start and Warm-up Factor - 1.5" to abide by 0-4 value constraints for cells in ProCAL

5) 02/02/2012-06:28 GMT - Recalibration of "After-start and Warm-up Factor2 - 1.5" to abide by 0-2 value constraints for cells in ProCAL

6) 02/02/2012-06:42 GMT - Warm up factor files corrected for human error my bad

7) 02/02/2012-20:27 GMT - Addition of "Map 5 .8875 Linearization A" in "Desired Lambda"

8) 02/02/2012-21:33 GMT - Addition of "Map 5 .8875 Linearization B" in "Desired Lambda"

9) 02/04/2012-23:04 GMT - Addition of "Map 5 .8875 Linearization C" in "Desired Lambda"

10) 02/05/2012-18:31 GMT - Addition of "Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization A" in "Desired Lambda"

11) 02/05/2012-22:25 GMT - Addition of "Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization B" in "Desired Lambda"

12) 02/06/2012-23:00 GMT - Addition of "Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization C" and "Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization D" in "Desired lambda"

13) 02/07/2012-23:05 GMT - Addition of "Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization E" in "Desired Lambda"

14) 02/07/2012-23:16 GMT - Correction of "Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization E" in "Desired Lambda"

15) 02/08/2012-01:39 GMT - Addition of "Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization F" in "Desired Lambda"

16) 02/08/2012-03:52 GMT - Addition of "Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization G" in "Desired Lambda"

17) 02/08/2012-04:55 GMT - Addition of "Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization H" in "Desired Lambda"

18) 02/08/2012-18:42 GMT - Addition of "Map 6 .8875 Double Linearization I" in "Desired Lambda"

19) 02/08/2012-19:50 GMT - Addition of "Map 5 .8875 Linearization E" and "Map 5 .8875 Linearization F" in "Desired Lambda"

20) 02/09/2012-20:58 GMT - Addition of "Map 7 .85 Block A" In "Desired Lambda"

21) 02/09/2012 23:42 GMT - Addition of "Map 7 .87 Block A", "Map 7 .86 Block A", "Map 7 .84 Block A", "Map 7 .83 Block A", "Map 7 .82 Block A", "Map 7 .81 Block A", and "Map 7 .8 Block A" in "Desired Lambda"

22) 02/11/2012 01:13 GMT - Addition of "Map 7 .884353741 Block A" in "Desired Lambda"

23) 05/15/2012 02:36 GMT - Addition of "Map 7 AFR 13.0 .884353741 Block A", "Map 7 AFR 13.0 .884353741 Block B", "Map 7 AFR 13.1 0.891156463 Block A", "Map 7 AFR 13.1 0.891156463 Block B", "Map 7 AFR 13.2 .897959184 Block A", "Map 7 AFR 13.2 .897959184 Block B", "Map 7 AFR 13.3 0.904761905 Block A", and "Map 7 AFR 13.3 0.904761905 Block B" in "Desired Lambda
Attached Files
File Type: zip Decel Fuel Cut Off-15300.zip (294 Bytes, 38 views)
File Type: zip After-start and Warm-up factor.zip (707 Bytes, 17 views)
File Type: zip After-start and Warm-up factor2.zip (689 Bytes, 17 views)
File Type: zip Desired Lambda.zip (26.4 KB, 30 views)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11346 Comments 5
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Nice!

2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex View Comment
    Nice!
    Why thank you, Alex!
  3. Old Comment
    @Scattcatt, I think my map is a touch rich at the top. I believe that the supplied "desired lambda" table has the lambda value for 12k+ at 0.84 According to my math, that means my map puts out a 12.35 AFR at wot, and yours puts out 13.0 AFR all over. My shop says they tune a bike to somewhere in between 12.8 and 13.2. This might explain why your bike felt best at 13.0 and mine feels rich at 12.4

Do you think I should go with a linear open loop table like you have, where every value is the same? Or should I just modify mine a little so it's not so rich at the top end? It feels smooth all over, but my pipes are still running a little warm
    Posted October 16th, 2012 at 07:59 PM by choneofakind choneofakind is offline
  4. Old Comment
    @choneofakind the way I understand it, if you switch your "eco/rich" switch to "rich" it forces the system to run only off of the desired lambda mapping, so what you COULD try is loading the 13.0 AFR map and run it on "eco" as a baseline since that will have no effect (I'm assuming this is how you're typically riding?) then after getting the engine warm and getting a feel for how the bike performs that day, flip the switch and see if you like the top end performance of the forced map more. Super easy way to test it out for ya! Like you mentioned on my recent post though lol... Might want to hold off on switching permanently to a fixed map like I've been doing if that's really the cause to my engine troubles.
  5. Old Comment
    Hi,
    May i have your 2012 A2L and CAL file? Mine is the old one from 2011 :(..

Best,

Motorcycle Safety Foundation