ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Scattcatt

1. Old Comment

Ecotrons EFI ProCAL Calibrations

Hi,
    May i have your 2012 A2L and CAL file? Mine is the old one from 2011 :(..

Best,
  2. Old Comment

@choneofakind the way I understand it, if you switch your "eco/rich" switch to "rich" it forces the system to run only off of the desired lambda mapping, so what you COULD try is loading the 13.0 AFR map and run it on "eco" as a baseline since that will have no effect (I'm assuming this is how you're typically riding?) then after getting the engine warm and getting a feel for how the bike performs that day, flip the switch and see if you like the top end performance of the forced map more. Super easy way to test it out for ya! Like you mentioned on my recent post though lol... Might want to hold off on switching permanently to a fixed map like I've been doing if that's really the cause to my engine troubles.
  3. Old Comment

@Scattcatt, I think my map is a touch rich at the top. I believe that the supplied "desired lambda" table has the lambda value for 12k+ at 0.84 According to my math, that means my map puts out a 12.35 AFR at wot, and yours puts out 13.0 AFR all over. My shop says they tune a bike to somewhere in between 12.8 and 13.2. This might explain why your bike felt best at 13.0 and mine feels rich at 12.4

Do you think I should go with a linear open loop table like you have, where every value is the same? Or should I just modify mine a little so it's not so rich at the top end? It feels smooth all over, but my pipes are still running a little warm
    Posted October 16th, 2012 at 07:59 PM by choneofakind choneofakind is offline
  4. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex View Comment
    Nice!
    Why thank you, Alex!
  5. Old Comment

Motorcycle Safety Foundation