ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > thsadmin

Notices

Rate this Entry

First Post - My First Ninja

Posted May 6th, 2009 at 02:40 AM by thsadmin
Updated May 9th, 2009 at 09:11 PM by thsadmin

Well my first post may as well be about my new Ninja - my new toy !!

Make : GPZ 250 R
Year : 1986
Engine : 250cc
Color : Lemon Yellow
New parts : Rims, Tires, Pegs, Grips, Stands, Pegs, Blinkers, Lights and Pipe set up.
Mods : Front Fender chop, Yellow Paint Job, Black Seats and Knee Guards and Back pack Rack.

Wish List : Chrome gear - Pegs, Grips, Caps, Mirrors. Knee guard covers or similar, Swing arm, Front Forks, Engine side cover.

Current Issues : Leaking oil, on inspection - the oil drainage tube and plug were missing - as this oil leak just occurred I hope that the leak was caused by the missing tube and plug.

Edit : OK - replaced the tube and plug, that fixed some of the issues, instead of pouring out of the valve where the pipe should have been - the excess oil just started heading to the air box.

Now I have drained the excess oil and cleaned everything ... bike seems to be fine and runs well once again.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9964 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Looks great! Hope you nail down the oil leak soon...

2. Old Comment

Thanks !!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex View Comment
    Looks great! Hope you nail down the oil leak soon...
    I replaced the tube - that i was hoping caused the issue ... but that didn't work.

I am lost now ...

Motorcycle Safety Foundation