ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

What I Wear and Why

Posted June 13th, 2011 at 06:37 AM by gfloyd2002
Updated April 15th, 2012 at 02:45 PM by gfloyd2002

My gear selection is based on two things - I want to be safe, and I want to be cool. Not like Fonzie, like an ice cube. I live in the tropics, and my daily riding - even in Winter - means sweltering humidity. So I've chased breathable gear that is maximally protective, and in a lighter color to help with the heat. I think I've come up with a good combination of gear. And while I've got more gear than I list here, this is my normal commuting get up.

Helmet: I wear an Arai Vector in Ninja green, with a smoke visor. I used to hear an HJC IS-Max flip up, which was very convenient with glasses, but I found that the Arai worked well for my glasses. And there is a reason you don't see Snell-rated flip ups -- they can't take the shot to the chin. 19.4% of all impact on a helmet is to the area vulnerable on a flip up. So, I moved to a full face helmet. Now that I have the Arai, I can't even put on the HJC. The interior is so soft on the Arai, and the fit is fantastic....
User Title Free Since '12
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

What I've Done to My Ninjette and Why

Posted June 12th, 2011 at 06:05 AM by gfloyd2002
Updated July 25th, 2011 at 06:03 AM by gfloyd2002

I'm going to use this entry to track the modifications I've made to my Ninjette, and list the ones I hope to make in the future. I'll comment on my experiences with the changes, new changes as they are made and on my goals going forward, so it will be edited from time to time. Here is what I've done to the Ninjette so far and why:

Pro Grip 719 Grips. As a result of my tall frame on the small bike, I'm naturally pushing down on the bars a bit despite best efforts to ride with loose arms. The result is a bit of buzzing of the hands. The Pro Grips have been a good upgrade for me, making long rides a bit more comfortable. For a good DIY on installing the Pro Grips, see (insert link).

Pro Grip Tank Pad When I lean forward, I noticed that my zipper sometimes hits the tank. Also, I've got a tank bag that is marking up the tank. To protect the tank, I added the Pro Grip pad. Easy to install, is unubtrusive and looks good (I got the clear) and I support the...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Which Material is Best for Gear? Abrasion Resistance Tests

Posted May 26th, 2011 at 04:03 AM by gfloyd2002

There are many choices when selecting motorcycle gear, and we hear things about which materials provide best protection against road rash. I thought some research might benefit those looking for gear, or people who sometimes don't wear all their gear. The following comes from manufacturers, individual tests from advrider.com and various other sources, but they should provide some good points for discussion and probably offer good rules of thumb. Please note that abrasion resistance is only part of the story, you should also consider stitching quality and impact protection. If you have good abrasion resistance, but the stitching fails, you may end up using skin as your abrasion resistance. Also, if you have a poor fit of you gear, it may shift, making abrasion resistance worthless. Please also note that there are a couple of studies that show that price and protection aren't necessarily linked. You have to check quality, not the brand.

I'll edit this blog as I finish...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Personal Protective Equipment List

Posted May 25th, 2011 at 08:47 PM by Cazper
Updated August 28th, 2012 at 09:05 PM by Cazper

This will be a running list of my Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for myself and for my wife. I will include price I paid and where I purchased each item.

My Current PPE:
HJC CL-15 Mutant Helmet - $59.99 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
HJC Liner for CL-15 Helmet - $11.99 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
HJC Cheek Pads for CL-15 Helmet - $8.99 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
HJC Smoked Flat Shield for CL-15 Helmet - $35.99 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
HJC Chin Curtain for CL-15 Helmets - $3.49 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
HJC CL-15 Breath Box - $8.99 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
Joe Rocket Kawasaki Replica Supersport Jacket - $169.99 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
Joe Rocket Speedmaster Jacket - 8 hours labor (KJohnson21)
Alpinestars SMX-4 Gloves - $49.95 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
Alpinestars SP-2 Gloves - $99.95 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
Icon Victory Riding Pants - $90.00 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
ninjaholic
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

250R Modification List

Posted May 4th, 2011 at 01:27 PM by Cazper
Updated October 14th, 2012 at 10:26 AM by Cazper

I wanted to gather a list of the mods that I've done to my bike and also where I got them and what I paid for them. In addition I wanted to put my "to do" or "wishlist" together so I can decide what to get next! Anyway, here it goes:

Completed Installed Mods:
Michelin Power One Tires 150/60 Rear 110/70 Front - $60 (racebikerentals.com)
Vesrah JL Front Brake Pads - $33.00 (kurveygirl.com)
Spiegler Front Brake Line Kit - $59.95 (sportbiketrackgear.com)
Puig Dark Smoke Double Bubble - $30.00 (fatbikez.com)
Woodcraft Clipons - $162.00 (hotmotostore.com)
Pazzo Adjustable Shorty Levers - $179.99 (solomotoparts.com)
Pro Grip Art 725 Evo MX Grips - $14.99 (motorcycle-superstore.com)
Sato Racing Long Style Bar Ends - $32.00 (satoracing.com)
Proton Flushmount Turn Signals - $84.00 (fatbikez.com)
Customized AreaP/Dynojet Kit - $97.82 (areapnolimits.com)
K&N R-0990 Universal Rubber...
ninjaholic
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

need help

Posted May 3rd, 2011 at 01:34 PM by braxtonboy199

i have a 1996 ninja 250 the gas is getting in the oil and causing the clutch not to work what could it be
ninjette.org newbie
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Looking for a relatively cheap kawasaki ninja 250

Posted April 28th, 2011 at 02:51 PM by high0fflife

ive never owned a bike yet, but im looking to buy a kawasaki ninja 250, contact me if you are selling one for a somewhat cheap price
ninjette.org newbie
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I want a slip on!

Posted April 26th, 2011 at 10:00 AM by Miraha

ok my quest for the perfect (for me) slip on continues... I have watched so many videos my head is spinning.

I have ruled out Two Bros, to me it sounds very loud and whiny in addition to everyone and their friggin brother (lolz pun?) has one. Of course the Akrapovic is the front runner at this point (ugh) but I just cant justify spending almost $500 on a silly pipe. I really like the deep rumble, hollow type sound. plus I am cheap... ok not like cheap, cheap more like smart with my money (at least I tell myself this )

I thought I wanted a FMF Apex, sound seemed good, price was fairly good, most reviews seemed ok... but then one review talked about the tinny sound at higher rpm.... BAM! crossed it off the list. oh and it looks like a missle. blah!

What about a Yoshimura? I think I like it mostly cause of the name... kind of how I like Carolina Panthers because of the colors... not a good reason to buy something!!! well wait, reviews are good,...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Happy Easter!

Posted April 24th, 2011 at 10:00 AM by Miraha

Decided not to do "Easter Dinner" this year, it seems holiday dinners (except Thanksgiving) are really just a waste of food in our house. I mean, yeah we eat, but all the time spent preparing and then all the leftovers taking up room in the fridge are just a waste.

So Im gonna make spaghetti and cheesy garlic bread for dinner, I know everyone likes it and any leftovers will be eaten.

I ventured out onto the busy roads today to get gas and visit a friend a few miles away to wish her family a Happy Easter and to show off my new bike!

I am still waiting for my gear to arrive and after browsing around ninjette.org at all the pictures and modifications others have done to their ninjas I am antsy to make mine look good too!

I already stopped by Impact Kawasaki and ordered a seat cowl yesterday, last night online I ordered a B2 Industries Fender Eliminator kit (2wheelpros.com $62.99) Tag Bolts w/white LED (customdynamics.com...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Delivery Day!

Posted April 23rd, 2011 at 10:00 AM by Miraha

I wake up with a smile of course! We spoke to our friend Steve yesterday and we were gonna just use his truck to go down to pick it up (about 40 min drive) but my husband decided to just go ahead and drive it back for me, so we get a hold of Steve to let him know we wont be borrowing his truck, but will need to borrow a helmet.

We stop by Steve's to pick up the helmet and he just happens to have a size small that doesnt fit him, so he gives this to me and lets my big head husband borrow one of the others lol.

He also decides he is gonna ride his bike down with us so he can ride back with my husband, which is a nice gesture since my husband hasnt owned a bike in 10 years. After he once again asks my husband "why the hell did you let her get a 250?" and throws out the "you're gonna want something bigger in a month" I explain it all to him again and he relents with "ok, ok I guess you have to crawl before you can walk" and we are...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation