ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > HoneyBadgerRy

Notices

Rate this Entry

Engine Mods

Posted October 21st, 2015 at 04:54 PM by HoneyBadgerRy
Updated January 6th, 2016 at 08:13 AM by HoneyBadgerRy

My goal for my engine is most HP between 10,000 and 12,000 rpm and increase throttle responce, drivability, idle, and power below 8k doesn't matter.. I installed the K&N R-0990 and measured to make sure the intake track was the proper length, it was 7.5" perfect, I also removed all casting flaws from the head. I will either install high compression pistons, or deck the cylinder, I will broaden the intake port, polish the combustion chamber and the exhaust. I plan on installing an intake cam in the exhaust and retarding the cam gear a few degrees, but that is uncharted territory, and I won't have any dyno access until the beginning of April, and even then it will be difficult and I won't have many tools, so I don't know if I will be able to adjust cam timing. So far the bike is running a hell of a lot better than stock, pulls very smooth, jetting is perfect. Let's hope the engine build keeps going this smooth.

I'm not sure how far the stock coils will go as far as boosting the compression goes. I'm also not sure what octane I will need, If I need e85 or much more fuel that stock I will install a mikuni vacuum pump, and I am probably going to install Denso IU01-24 once I get the engine done, fuel selected, and jetting done. Who knows, they might even be good for .25hp (probably not).
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 13784 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation