ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > misfitsailor

Notices

Rate this Entry

The more I add the lighter the bike gets.

Posted February 24th, 2014 at 03:51 PM by misfitsailor

It occurred to me the other day that the more accessories I have added to my Ninjette, the lighter it has become. This seems ironic to me, but probably should not, as many after market doo dads do weigh less than their stock counterparts. The greatest weight loss items were undoubtedly the Yoshimura exhaust and swapping the rear seat and rear peg assemblies for the Yoshi muffler mount. The Koso gauge was also much lighter than stock. Some new parts were heavier than the originals, like the Stebel air horn. Other new parts are strictly add-ons, like the Shogun sliders and the steering damper, which add pounds. But overall, the trend has been to lower the overall weight of the bike. That's all well and fine, but the pounds I want to lose the most are on the rider!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5493 Comments 1
Main     The Full Yoshi. »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I wanna steering damper, a lighter bike, all the area p stuff, an a partridge in a pear tree
    Posted March 15th, 2014 at 07:43 PM by JohnnyBravo JohnnyBravo is offline

Motorcycle Safety Foundation