ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Joshorilla

Rate this Entry

What if

Posted November 4th, 2013 at 05:31 PM by Joshorilla

I have been thinking a lot lately about what would I do if I were to crash, and i'm left in a severely mentally handicapped state.

*No prizes for guessing what has been making me think this way, infact, it need not be mentioned*

The thought frightens me a lot, if I were to retain my intellect yet be trapped inside a body without control "Think metallica's One" would I go crazy? would I have the ability to say "Kill me", would I just get used to it?

Then, if I were to loose a significant proportion of my intellect, to be reduced to nothing more than a six month old infant in an adult man's body, I wouldn't have the mental capacity to even comprehend who I was, what happened, where I was. In effect the former me would have died, leaving behind a body with a dilute sense of what I was, a living corpse without me inside it, or rather a degaussed brain. Maybe you'd have brief moments where the correct neurons all fire to give you brief random periods of lucidity, a clarifying moment from the past brought forward for a second like a man possessed by a shadow of himself, scary.

Is it worth thinking about even? Maybe a little, I think to dismiss it would be more foolish, I guess i'll be turning the fun'o'meter dial down from 9 to 8, turning the music off, skipping the odd beer after work, look out for no1 a bit better.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7995 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation