ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > misfitsailor

Rate this Entry

The Full Yoshi.

Posted March 9th, 2014 at 11:57 PM by misfitsailor

I didn't want a loud exhaust for my 2010 ninja 250R, but I did want the bike to sound a little more "racy". My first try was to buy a Yoshimura slip-on. This was lighter, nice to look at and sounded nice (so long as the insert was in). But it didn't really add enough power to notice on the "butt dyno". I had resisted buying the full system, as it cost so much more. Eventually I decided to spend whatever was needed to help this machine meet it's potential. I sprang for the full Yoshi system. The Yoshi headers are larger in diameter than stock, and don't have that nasty front catalyst.

Today's ride was the first with the new pipes. I knew from the dyno charts posted online that most of the power increase would be at the top end. The first time I revved up past 10k RPM I could not help smiling! Once past 10,000 RPM, 13k comes up briskly in the mid gears. I saw the orange and then the red shift light on my Koso gauge come on for the first time, and once I even bumped up against the rev limiter! I don't normally flog this girl, I cruise along most of the time at more like 7,000 to 8,000 RPM. but it is nice knowing that I have more reserve power now for passing, hill climbing, and the occasional spirited romp through the twisties. It's a little like having an afterburner, it's there if you feel the need...the need for speed!

If you are thinking about buying an aftermarket exhaust and want an actual increase in useable power, save your pennies and buy a full system. They cost more because they do more.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2753 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation