ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

Re-Upholstering On a Budget

Posted May 14th, 2009 at 07:09 AM by thsadmin

My latest project is re-Upholstering on a budget, I was looking at a few threads and like the look of the new covers ... so I was going to buy a set which would have cost me about $70 - $80 (Aussie dollars) for the complete set.

I was after the main seat, pillion seat and the two knee guard covers.

My old set is painted black, wearing thin, starting to crack and paint is rubbing off.

So here was my budget shopping for the day :

$8 for the Vinyl - about 1.5 Metres by 70cms.
$10 for the Staple Gun.
$7 for brush and glue.

So for $25 (Aussie Dollars = $20usd), I had the vinyl and tools to do the job, the staple gun is a tight ass model - so may struggle.

Starting Project :

I have started the project - just to test waters, I started and finished one knee guard, the Staple Gun did struggle but got the job done, the tight ass glue seems to have worked. One slight hiccup was...
1986 GPZ Ninjette
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

Bike Fixed !! Woot ...

Posted May 9th, 2009 at 05:06 AM by thsadmin

Note to self, trust first and own instinct ... bike had too much oil in it and needed to be relieved. Silly mistake - lesson learned and no damage done ... apart from the pride.

Had several small issues that needed to be fixed also, was revving to high and clutch needed adjusting ... both were easy fixes.

So if you have a oil leak - always check your bikes oil level first - then clean air box, drain excess oil in air box and finally clean the air box filter.

Now I am ready to go again.
1986 GPZ Ninjette
Posted in Work & Fixes
Old

Getting my bike looked at ...

Posted May 7th, 2009 at 05:43 PM by thsadmin

Yup on Saturday (Tomorrow) I am getting my oil leak looked at, luckily my GF's old man is a motor bike mechanic and works on Harley's. Might walk out with a Sportster motor in place of the old motor.

Hopefully it's something simple ... although the old man will probably laugh at me for not having a clue about the bikes issues.

It's been about a week since I have had a proper ride and it's needless to say that I am hanging for a decent ride ...

Fingers crossed to an easy fix and riding (again) this time tomorrow.
1986 GPZ Ninjette
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

First Post - My First Ninja

Posted May 6th, 2009 at 02:40 AM by thsadmin
Updated May 9th, 2009 at 09:11 PM by thsadmin

Well my first post may as well be about my new Ninja - my new toy !!

Make : GPZ 250 R
Year : 1986
Engine : 250cc
Color : Lemon Yellow
New parts : Rims, Tires, Pegs, Grips, Stands, Pegs, Blinkers, Lights and Pipe set up.
Mods : Front Fender chop, Yellow Paint Job, Black Seats and Knee Guards and Back pack Rack.

Wish List : Chrome gear - Pegs, Grips, Caps, Mirrors. Knee guard covers or similar, Swing arm, Front Forks, Engine side cover.

Current Issues : Leaking oil, on inspection - the oil drainage tube and plug were missing - as this oil leak just occurred I hope that the leak was caused by the missing tube and plug.

Edit : OK - replaced the tube and plug, that fixed some of the issues, instead of pouring out of the valve where the pipe should have been - the excess oil just started heading to the air box....
1986 GPZ Ninjette
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation