ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Joshorilla

Rate this Entry

One week in.

Posted September 8th, 2012 at 04:20 PM by Joshorilla
Updated September 9th, 2012 at 07:25 AM by Joshorilla

Hi Guys! This is my first true blog I guess, i've been riding for all of six days now, completed my CBT last sunday, I have been on the bike every day now and I have racked up 150 miles on the nose, my confidence is rising, i'm learning to relax more, I had to force myself to go out and break the fear barrier for the first few days, I would be fine if it weren't for everyone on the road, perhaps one day I may go out because I enjoy it!

I have already dented my tank of which I am gutted about, it popped into 1st walking it down a path and had a short trip into a railing, landed on the tank pad chipping a small bit of clearcoat and placing a small dent under the pad itself which is good as it is shallow and may pop out more easiily but I have yet to try.

As for maintenance I lube my chain with Wurth PTFE chain lube and clean it with Muc-Off bike spray, both the chain and bike, i'm using auto glym products also, but i'm not really into the detailing, it's a bit too anorac trainspotting for me.

I keep getting frights riding, blind corners and hairpin turns, where I live the roads are a nightmare, and horses **** where ever and turning sharply at 35mph round a blind corner to encounter a bus over in your lane and a big horse steamer where you want to go to avoid the bus is very scary, but I know I have to "get back on the bike."

I hope to look back on this in a weeks time and think "daft bugger, I don't know why I ever felt so nervous on the bike! I love it!" but we shall see.

On a lighter note, I am looking to get a Contour roam HD camera, maybe then I can show you how horrific the roads are, or how awful the level of driving can be! It's main role will be as a video witness if I ever end up quadraspazzed on a life-glug so thier insurance will cough up, but sharing is caring!

I'll look to updating my blog weekly, this sounds like it could be quite fun.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1546 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment

Motorcycle Safety Foundation