ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

Shopping spree!

Posted August 4th, 2012 at 09:58 AM by Duchess

Replacing the helmet got that itch in me again. You know what I'm talking about... the "I wanna buy anything and everything gear and bike related" itch. So I decided to add to my wardrobe! Just a few replacement and/or simple additions to what I already have. I'm always looking for great gear to add to my arsenal.

Get ready for some pink overload. And my obvious lack of loyalty to one brand.

I only own one jacket, and was in the market for another... but instead I decided on this chest protector. I regretted not upgrading my back armor when I purchased my first jacket, so I'm hoping this will be multifunctional with and without my jacket.

I burned the side of my leg for the first time on an awkward lean - an incident that immediately had me spiting my shorter boots. These may not be meant particularly for...
<3
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

New helmet, less exposure?

Posted July 29th, 2012 at 08:32 AM by Duchess

It was time to retire my solid pink modular in exchange for a solid full face helmet. I had dropped the old helmet a few times, gave it some good gashes, so to comply with safety standards it was time to order a new one. Not that anyone would have to convince me to spend more money on my favorite hobby.

I chose a pink bike, a bright white jacket, and a bright pink helmet originally for visibility sake. Every cager's famous last words at the accident sight are "I swear officer, I just didn't see the bike." I thought, well hell, if I make myself as bright as possible, it may help my luck.

Go figure on my first ride out with the new helmet, infinitely brighter than my other helmet (with cutesy designs too, just my style) some chick cut me off right around a stoplight. I wasn't even in her bright spot. She did give me an "oops" wave, and I just shook my head at her. Not such an "oops" when you splatter someone...
<3
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Obligatory intro post!

Posted July 21st, 2012 at 03:53 PM by Duchess

I could use some help on naming my blog, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

My name is Kristina, I’m 26 years old and live in Michigan – an hour out of Detroit in suburbia. I am a girly girl but I like breaking the stereotype, such as riding my own bike and working in IT. I am an IT Help Desk Administrator and junior Systems Administrator by day, and by night I work in web development and marketing for my favorite non-profit organizations. My current goal is to start my own nonprofit for Epidermolysis Bullosa which is my current project that keeps me busy. Even with everything on my plate, I think one of the most important aspects of life is to enjoy it and have fun. Whenever I can, I like to get out into the world and simply be active. There is so much to see and do and I hope to be a part of a bigger picture. I just love riding – getting away from stress, escaping the responsibilities, and enjoying the camaraderie of fellow bikers (of any type!) ...
<3
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation