ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old

The frustrating thing about bigger bikes

Posted June 28th, 2014 at 05:24 AM by adouglas

In talking to experienced riders over the years, I've encountered some who gave up riding on the street and now only go to the track. "Track riding ruined the street for me," they'll say, or "the street is just too dangerous."

I never really got that... I enjoy riding so much I can't imagine only doing it a few days a year.

But now that I've moved up to a GSX-R750 -- an awesome machine that I absolutely love -- I'm beginning to understand. This bike begs to be ridden fast. Cornering is wonderful. Acceleration is beyond belief. It's made be a better rider, because I want to get more out of the bike.

So on a typical ride I'll go for miles, often in a conga line of traffic, waiting for that perfect corner where I can actually practice some skills... only to find that there's a landscaper's truck right in front of me going through it at 15 mph. Some days I might as well be riding a Vespa.

There's this one beautiful,...
Cat herder
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation