ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old

£30 a month upgrades

Posted March 19th, 2013 at 03:37 PM by Joshorilla
Updated March 20th, 2013 at 11:44 AM by Joshorilla

I've got a whole list of things i'd like to do for my bike, but these are expensive, I don't rely on debt so I am budgeting about £30 a month, which seems to be the right amount for the basic, yet useful upgrades, which are in no specific order.

Hel stainless brake lines "green"
Renthal rear sprocket "up a tooth or two" from 43
Upgraded brake pads
New tank pad
Gauge light colour customisation
Philips x-treme vision 100% bulbs

Spreading them out will keep me busy and not break the bank I figue, and these are all good upgrades from a cost benefit stand point. This month I have brought the Philips bulbs, i'm looking forward to better quality lighting.
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

Snow Ninja!

Posted March 11th, 2013 at 03:18 PM by Joshorilla
Updated November 21st, 2013 at 09:20 PM by Joshorilla

Today, well rather yesterday night and this morning we've had a relentless torrent of blizzards unlike anything anyone can remember, only Thursday I was sunbathing in the garden.

As a result of this freak weather phenomenon my ninja has been encased in ice and snow, although now I believe i'd have an easier time fobbing her off as a 1000cc

I shouldn't imagine I will be able to ride for the next few days, the three roads from my house leading to town "where I work" are all blocked off by fallen trees, I am able to telly work so I won't miss out on any pay, but I would rather have the days off as a holiday
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

MPG - Follow with me!

Posted February 26th, 2013 at 12:13 PM by Joshorilla

I need a way to track my MPG, I thought, and here seemed like a good enough place.

So I will snap two pics every time I fill up, one of the pump, and one of my speedo, i'll upload them to here, then I shall work out a load of stats and post them here also.

Right!

4:30 ish

26/02/2013

Bike stats
Miles to date: 1467.5

Pump Stats
Sale: £16.08 = $24.38
Volume: 13.64L = 3.6 US Gallons
Price Per Litre: £1.179 = $1.79
Price Per Gallon £4.47 = $6.78
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Long time no see!

Posted February 17th, 2013 at 04:14 PM by Joshorilla

Well, my bike is all fixed up and looking gooooood!

I was thinking what made me want to get a bike, i've always been into bikes, my family have always had bikes, I was given the attached photo below from my grandad, it's of his Moto Guzzi V50 II on the day he brought it brand new from the show room, it's got a little personal message on the back from him that I won't go into.

It's means a lot to me this picture does, and if I ever got a chance to buy one of these great motorcycle I would in a heart beat!
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Well... I stacked it.

Posted January 3rd, 2013 at 12:32 PM by Joshorilla

I posted this to a thread pretty much but I feel the blog is a more personal way to convey things, I am gutted to say the least, yet in a strange way relieved and excited.

Link to original page on YouTube.

It was odd, the front just went from underneath me, nothing I could do really, diesel on the road

I have started to repair my bike, I popped off both the fairings, sanded, glued, filled and sanded them down to the point where all they need is a few coats of paint and they will be like new!

It's a good lesson to learn early on, and I am glad I have come out of it unharmed in any way!

Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My bike's broken... Again!

Posted November 22nd, 2012 at 10:06 AM by Joshorilla

Was driving home, the rpm gauge had gone the day before and the FI fuel injector warning light came on and wouldn't go off, so took it straight to the shop, I seriously doubt with all the problems that i've had they aren't related, i'm seriously getting pissed off with this bike.
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Bike in for Repair

Posted November 1st, 2012 at 12:58 PM by Joshorilla

I took my bike into the garage today after work, I nice ride through hail and thunder in freezing temperatures, it was almost nice to get a life home for a change in a car.

My bike has wrong with it, and in order.

* Paint peeling off exhaust
* Weird noises
* Broken front brake switch
* Fuel gauge backlight broken
* Down sensor recall

Some more maybe but I forget, I am not too happy with the build quality on the FI Ninja 250's, but they ride great and it's fun, overall it's a good bike i'd just like for it to be more reliable.

Oh, this morning it didn't start, when it did the FI light came on and stayed on, I turned it off and on again and it chugged at low rpm, but warmed up and was fine, we had a storm in the night so maybe some moisture got into the intake? Thoughts?

I am just looking forward to getting it back!
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ninja Sightings

Posted October 28th, 2012 at 01:18 PM by Joshorilla

I've been a lot more ninja-aware since getting my bike, I always seen a ninja in the car park I use, it's a little bit too modified for my taste, yoshimura slip on, carbon fibre front mud guard and side covers and a sliders, I saw this guy riding his Ninja 250 the other day, he's pretty.. "dedicated" to the ninja cause wearing Kawasaki leathers, not my taste but oh well if he's happy.

IMAGE OF BIKE IN PARK ATTACHED BELOW! LOUD NOISES!

Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Checks! Do 'em!

Posted October 20th, 2012 at 12:48 PM by Joshorilla

I tend to check my bike briefly before I ride, and I do a through walk around my bike on a saturday, this includes a hose down with the pressure cleaner at the garage & then a chain lube and I tend to lube most moving parts etc.

I went to do my full check and noticed my front brake levels bracket screws were completely loosened, I don't know if this was a malicious act, or if it was a result of vibrations, but I noticed after leaving it in a public car park over night so it wouldn't surprise me if it were malicious, and it's never happened before.

It was a little shocking, so much so I went round my whole bike with screw drivers and spanners and tightened every bolt / screw I could find! None were too loose which was re-assuring.

Perhaps before you ride you could spare five minutes to check if everything is in shape with your bike?
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I'v gone and got a headcam...

Posted October 13th, 2012 at 05:03 PM by Joshorilla

Yep, i've joined the heard of head-cammers on YouTube, ever vigil and omnipresent within a 170 degree angle.

I've recorded all my journeys, just for the fun of it, I see some odd things on the roads and it's nice to look back on them.

So, here's one video I took, nothing special just me getting to grips with the camera riding down the coast road, the video seems slow, and that's because it is, the speed limit was 25mph and 35mph there due to high pedestrian / tourist traffic.

Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation