ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

I'm all shook up

Posted September 11th, 2012 at 11:47 AM by Joshorilla

I wasn't going to blog for a few days but I have been shaken up and I am ready to explode! Long story short, I go to overtake a guy doing 10mph under the speed limit and he puts his foot down, what am I supposed to do? He's gaining on me, I drop a gear and just gain him then slip infront before a van pulling out almost hits me.

I am livid right now! It's my first hard proof nugget that there are people out their that view you as an object to be squished. I liken it to movies where you seen an enemy plane being blown up, and note how natural that sounded, people cheer as if to say "got 'em!" the element of humanity is lost in the idea of taking down a machine and I feel the same is happening here, after all, would Top Gun be as fun if it were people running around with hand guns shooting people in the head, no that would be sadistic.

I wouldn't put it based the old git to complaing to the police, "they like to do that here" I suppose...
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

Challenge Accepted!

Posted September 10th, 2012 at 11:37 AM by Joshorilla
Updated November 21st, 2013 at 09:18 PM by Joshorilla

Right! I've booked my 500m service in for friday the 21st! Great, but I have done 200m on the nose, hence the title to my blog!

The motivation is on! I need to practice, I was riding on a coast road in 40+ mph winds, it was a little scary, and to top it off I overshot a bend and that scared me some! I'm not a bad rider, but I have never been there and the corner was blind and up a hill and narrowing so I have a small excuse. But I need to get better, and faster in the turns!

You may notice I like to identify my weeknesses, it's the best way for me to learn.

I have taken a photo of my chicken strips, this will serve as a nice gauge as to improve from
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Riding with friends & riding in the rain.

Posted September 9th, 2012 at 07:20 AM by Joshorilla

A friend of mine phoned me today and asked if i'd like to go for a ride round the island and have lunch, i've never riden with anyone before, and naturally I felt a little dubious about speeds and such and how comfortable I would feel, but my friend Jim is sensable enough and let me lead, we set off and I enjoyed it very much, stopped for gas and for lunch, he had a few pointers for my riding, I grip my bars too tightly and that causes the wind to buffet me around a bit, he likened the grip to holding onto a small but lively bird, that annalogy really stuck with me and has helped a lot! He also said I correct myself mid turn a lot, i'll need to sort that out too but that's more a confidence thing.

Then it started to rain, it's not so much that I don't go riding in the rain, as I commute to and from work evey day, but it's more to do with it never having done so before while I was out, it made for an interesting ride, the road people here like to put drain covers on corners,...
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

One week in.

Posted September 8th, 2012 at 04:20 PM by Joshorilla
Updated September 9th, 2012 at 07:25 AM by Joshorilla

Hi Guys! This is my first true blog I guess, i've been riding for all of six days now, completed my CBT last sunday, I have been on the bike every day now and I have racked up 150 miles on the nose, my confidence is rising, i'm learning to relax more, I had to force myself to go out and break the fear barrier for the first few days, I would be fine if it weren't for everyone on the road, perhaps one day I may go out because I enjoy it!

I have already dented my tank of which I am gutted about, it popped into 1st walking it down a path and had a short trip into a railing, landed on the tank pad chipping a small bit of clearcoat and placing a small dent under the pad itself which is good as it is shallow and may pop out more easiily but I have yet to try.

As for maintenance I lube my chain with Wurth PTFE chain lube and clean it with Muc-Off bike spray, both the chain and bike, i'm using auto glym products also, but i'm not really into the detailing, it's a bit...
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation