ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old

Da Da Da...NinjetteWiki saves the day...or at least my relationship

Posted August 21st, 2013 at 07:18 PM by skbrent (Smurfette and Me)
Updated August 22nd, 2013 at 08:18 AM by skbrent

I love farkle!

This evening my boyfriend and I installed shiny, new, blue and black grips on Smurfette.

After much frustration , a hammer (wielded by my boyfriend) , serious concern for the well being of Smurfette (by me of course, he had a HAMMER) , a quick search of NinjetteWiki (him), a heat gun (me) and a little bit more hammer (him) ...voila...new grips.

Time to try them out...oops, the throttle doesn't return to neutral when I release it. Slight modification to the (oh so brilliant) design with a pocket knife...voila (again)...FUNCTIONAL new grips .
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

Is the water wetter?

Posted August 18th, 2013 at 04:00 PM by Lychee

This Saturday I dumped all the coolant and flushed out the ethyl glycol green stuff. Repeated the procedure 3 times to get it all out. Don't forget to pop the block drain plug. The water came out clear on the last one so I mixed 13 cap fulls of the water wetter with a gallon of distilled water and added it back into the system. Since the coolant was out I also adjusted the valves with my super duper Kawasaki valve tool. Buttoned everything up and synced the carbs. The manometer cannot use containers made out of plastic because the plastic containers collapse inward under vacuum. Why did Snapple stop making glass bottles? Also plastic turkey basters are not good for moving gas as they are damaged by the gas some how.

Test rode on Uvas and it is pretty good. Front end is a a little too stiff I think so I will need to adjust little more. Uvas seems to have some new bumps.
sail away
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Long Distance Lunch

Posted August 17th, 2013 at 12:16 PM by skbrent (Smurfette and Me)
Updated August 17th, 2013 at 06:05 PM by skbrent

We went to Burnet for lunch today. Mapquest said the round trip would take 57.39 miles. What does Mapquest know? Wandering around on curvy back roads we managed to turn it into a 84.8 mile trip.

It's a good thing my boyfriend is a very patient man. Of course I stopped to take pictures and he would notice I wasn't behind him anymore, turn around and patiently wait while I took my pictures .

Nothing particularly interesting as far as road side oddities go. There was a neat old bridge...and a llama. Unfortunately the llama wasn't ON the bridge, that would have made for a much more interesting picture. I did get a picture of the giant oatmeal can in Oatmeal, Tx...it's pretty much the only thing in Oatmeal except once a year during Oatmeal Fest.

Next weekend I think I'll head out to Luling, Tx to see the water tower painted to look like a giant watermelon...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ninja 650R Oil/Filter Change video

Posted August 16th, 2013 at 01:30 PM by teh

Link to original page on YouTube.
Hope my ninjette friends find this video useful

teh
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

...the road goes on forever and the party never ends...this is where mine begins.

Posted August 16th, 2013 at 08:59 AM by skbrent (Smurfette and Me)

Iíve officially been a motorcycle rider for a grand total of 16 days. I took a motorcycle safety course the weekend of July 27th. Class ended early afternoon on Sunday and thatís when I started looking for a bike. I got my license the following Thursday (August 1st) and bought my Ninja 250, affectionately named Smurfette, on Sunday, August 3rd.
Iíve got about 400 miles in so far. The shifting is getting a little bit smoother, the corners are getting slightly faster. My heart no longer skips a beat when I hit a tiny little bump at 70. All in all, life is good.
I plan to use this blog kind of as a personal diary of my life on a motorcycle. Iíll post pictures, comments and accomplishments. I make no promises as to content or frequency of posts. My thoughts are not life-altering. My posts will not be deep and enlightening dissertations on the meaning of life. My posts will be rife with sarcasm and inane observations. You will find pictures of roadside oddities, bugs...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Drill Drill Drill

Posted August 12th, 2013 at 12:50 PM by Lychee

So... You know those Harbor Freight extended hex keys tools on the ninja 250 faq? yea make sure you buy the one that does not have a ball on the end! I did and it stripped the allen on the first quarter turn!!! ()&*%#@@@!@$^&*!!!

Rewind...
Yesterday after many delays I finally suspended my 250 by its swing arm and its triple tree and removed the handle bars, brake, and front wheel. Yay for tie wraps being great parts holders. Then I used an adjustable clamping wrench at the axle end of the fork and rotated the fork until the wrench contacted the triple tree stand. Bam! Instant vertical vise! The bike is very stable on the stands, I am not sure why people need to use a vise for this. Fairing removal was not necessary except for the two little lips that divert air into the radiator. Once those were removed there is plenty of room to work. I ran into some trouble with the starboard side damper rod bolt when the brand new Harbor Freight tool stripped the bolt...
sail away
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

1986 kawasaki 1000r ninja

Posted August 10th, 2013 at 10:35 PM by ccaputo

I am looking for a COMPLETE wiring diagram and wiring schematics for my 1986 kawasaki 1000r ninja. If anyone can help a fellow crotch rocket brother out I would be VERY stoked. Thank You!!!
ninjette.org newbie
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fun rides I've been on!

Posted August 6th, 2013 at 02:18 PM by NevadaWolf
Updated July 16th, 2015 at 09:41 AM by NevadaWolf

Traveling so much has shown me twisty roads all over the country. Here is where I attempt to record them to share with others!

Arizona

California

Colorado

Idaho

Nevada

New Mexico

Oregon

Utah

West Virginia

Plus I also have some common routes I play on that just give me a place to play, round my tires off, and spend the day enjoying life on the back of a motorcycle.

Super fun routes
Certified looney toon
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

New suspension...

Posted July 31st, 2013 at 08:59 AM by Lychee

I am prepping for my first track day and I magically came across a few great deals on suspension parts. I was just going to throw it on the track, but it is really bouncy. So I decided I am going to throw in a 300 rear shock, valve emulators & drilled rods and a .75 sonic front spring. Total spent is $215. WOw! The valve emulators only come with the track spring. I'll call Race Tech when they show up in the mail and see what they can get me. I hope the spring comes with the preload shim that I hear it does. Otherwise I will need to visit home depot or something for some pvc tubing. I guess I will need to figure out how to set the sag at some point too.

So I received the 300 shock yesterday, and it looks pretty new. I ripped out the 250 shock and decided well I've come this far why not relube the unitrac and swing arm too. So out they come and oh look there is a bearing on the tie rods too. A few kerosene smelling dirty rags later and lots of goop and everything is cleaned...
sail away
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Boat fishing!

Posted July 25th, 2013 at 05:09 PM by Joshorilla

Went out boat fishing and caught about 30+ mackerel, great fun, was pulling five out at a time on the mackerel feathers with every cast, stayed out till about midnight!

More effective than spearfishing, yes sorta.

More fun? Not really, but still a good laugh!

I prefer to select the exact fish I want and only that fish and dispatch of it in one shot, far more humane.

We got a couple herring which is rare for here, that was a nice surprise.
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation