ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > PlaneGuy

Rate this Entry

A New Couch for the Potato!

Posted December 28th, 2011 at 10:44 PM by PlaneGuy

Well, here it is almost New Year and I haven't written anything for some time. Between being busy, the colder temps, and not being well, I just haven't been motivated to put any miles on the Ninjette. But today was different. The weather was beautiful with temps in the low 50's (F) all the way up to Lake Tahoe. I was thinking of riding up the Tahoe but then decided not to take the time. Fortunately for me I have numerous loop routes starting at my house in the Sierra foothills.

Today's ride was up through Coloma and on up to Georgetown, over to Cool and Pilot Hill, and then back down to El Dorado Hills via Salmon Falls Road prior to returning home. Total distance was only 70mi but much of it was on twisty little two-lane roads, all different. Ride time was one hour and forty minutes, enough time to really get a feel for my new saddle.

Did I mention I got a new saddle? I did. I called Corbin and ordered a "Gunfighter & Lady" saddle. This is a nice leather saddle that is better contoured to fit one's derrière and distribute the weight so that there is less pressure and more comfort. I was hoping for more comfort, which I got, but was surprised that it improves my ability to handle the bike, increasing my speed.

The new saddle lowers me by about one inch and moves me back slightly. It has less padding than the stock saddle which gives a firmer seat and makes me feel more in contact with the bike. The result for me is that I am much more comfortable pushing the bike faster through the turns. I never would have thought that a saddle could improve the bike's speed.

So, the forks, the brakes, and now the saddle. Each small change noticeably improves the bike. I think I am getting close to ready for doing some touring on the Ninjette. I just need a mount for my GPS. The last substantive changes to the Ninjette will be the rear shock and then tires. I am looking forward to it as this bike just keeps getting better.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5738 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment

Motorcycle Safety Foundation