ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Joshorilla

Notices

Rate this Entry

Bike in for Repair

Posted November 1st, 2012 at 12:58 PM by Joshorilla

I took my bike into the garage today after work, I nice ride through hail and thunder in freezing temperatures, it was almost nice to get a life home for a change in a car.

My bike has wrong with it, and in order.

* Paint peeling off exhaust
* Weird noises
* Broken front brake switch
* Fuel gauge backlight broken
* Down sensor recall

Some more maybe but I forget, I am not too happy with the build quality on the FI Ninja 250's, but they ride great and it's fun, overall it's a good bike i'd just like for it to be more reliable.

Oh, this morning it didn't start, when it did the FI light came on and stayed on, I turned it off and on again and it chugged at low rpm, but warmed up and was fine, we had a storm in the night so maybe some moisture got into the intake? Thoughts?

I am just looking forward to getting it back!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8206 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    anything below ~1degC and my FI ninjette struggles to start. I help her along in low temperatures by priming the engine twice (key on, key off, key on) and then holding the throttle at ~4k so she doesn't conk out. After I hear the engine sounds smooth out I can let go of the throttle and she's fine to keep going.

Last winter -- before I knew of that technique -- I had trouble getting her to start and when she did, she would often conk out.

2. Old Comment
    I'm surprised by your comments about the build quality. I owned a 2008 for about 2.5 years, sold it, and then just recently bought a 2011 Ninja 250R.
    I have to say that the build quality is not quite as polished as Honda, but not bad.
    Posted April 30th, 2014 at 07:54 PM by capt_bugaloo capt_bugaloo is offline

Motorcycle Safety Foundation