ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > How to Grow a Fun and Useful Motorcycle Forum!

Rate this Entry

Chapter 4

Posted May 31st, 2009 at 02:18 AM by Alex

And now for some more fun... I've added two significant features to ninjette.org in the past few days. The first one is completely useless, and completely fun. Everyone like video games, and now we've got 150+ of them on the site for people to play with. Thousands and thousands of games have been played so far, and people are getting giddy about beating eachother's high scores. I love it! Here's a link to the Arcade.

On a perhaps more serious note (but still cool!), I've launched a new wiki on this website. It can be reached right at wiki.ninjette.org, and there's all of the launch information right in this thread. A few of our more websavvy members have been pushing for a wiki-like structure for awhile, and I hope that this will become a very useful section of the website. We're using the most widely supported wiki tool (mediawiki), with a few custom plug-ins to allow it to link pretty seamlessly with the rest of our vbulletin architecture. This wasn't possible only 2 or 3 months ago, so I'm very happy that people have put the tools together to allow it to happen here. I'm very eager to see how the wiki can grow. While I don't expect it to be all gangbusters in the immediate future, I think people will begin to see its worth sooner rather than later, and it could really become something we're all pretty proud of.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 27274 Comments 0
« Chapter 3     Main     Chapter 5 »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation