ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old

Tijuana riding advice needed

Posted September 25th, 2022 at 11:54 PM by NinjaPony

As the title states, I need advice for safe Tijuana riding. I will be riding for the first time down South and crossing the SanySidro Port of Entry frequently. Just curious if any riders have any experience or tips to safely cross on my bike to and from. Tijuana traffic and road dangers etc. thank you in advance.
New rider
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

Hello again

Posted February 23rd, 2022 at 03:01 PM by JayVapes

So after I primed and painted my forks and triple clamp I noticed the risers would not match and my chain cover was off the bike so I took advantage of that. I primed it and look forward to having a more uniform color throughout the bike. I also removed the rear handle from the back seat, the previous owner coated that thing with layers of black, probably from all the times he dropped it. Anyways she's getting back to mint in my hands. Thanks for reading.
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hello again

Posted February 23rd, 2022 at 03:01 PM by JayVapes

So after I primed and painted my forks and triple clamp I noticed the risers would not match and my chain cover was off the bike so I took advantage of that. I primed it and look forward to having a more uniform color throughout the bike. I also removed the rear handle from the back seat, the previous owner coated that thing with layers of black, probably from all the times he dropped it. Anyways she's getting back to mint in my hands. Thanks for reading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220223-155221.jpg (144.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220223-155231.jpg (63.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220223-155239.jpg (75.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220223-155243.jpg (79.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220223-155246.jpg (65.3 KB, 3 views)
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Whoever new sand blasting could be so fun

Posted February 16th, 2022 at 11:00 AM by JayVapes

Hey guys thanks for reading another blog. Recently I brought my friend sandblasting been in a really enjoyed it after painting my triple clamp and forks I quickly realize that they would not match the risers. I went back to my buddies garage yesterday and sandblasted the risers and the bolt that holds down the triple clamp I look forward to priming and painting them tomorrow. I also sandblasted my ignition which I was able to take apart there are two screws at the bottom of the ignition which holds the cover in place and the electronics as well. Today I am removing the rear handle in order to take that and sandblast it to this way I can have a uniform color across I’m not sandblasting everything but it sure is fun.
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Forks up!

Posted February 13th, 2022 at 05:50 PM by JayVapes

Hey everyone!
The bike has been stationary for a while. I have already sandblasted my forks and the top triple clamp. I've also primed and painted them so they look brand new.
I'm currently reassembling the forks. I have new fork seals and dust covers. After I reassemble them, I will then install the triple clamp.
After the triple clamp is installed, I will then be able to install the ignition which I'm rewiring and need to solder some wire together.
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Moving along slowly

Posted January 12th, 2022 at 03:34 PM by JayVapes

My floor has less parts than before and the bike has more on it than not... It's been a while since my last post. Since then I received and installed my rear shock from another user on this plat form and I also received aftermarket levers... I ordered stock levers so out of the two sets I'm going to go with the original levers... Perhaps I'll install the aftermarkets on another bike. I removed the triple clamp and want to sand blast it but I don't know how to remove the ignition from it. I have made friends with a mechanic and he has one. I thought I'd paint it black but maybe another color, can someone give any suggestions? I disassembled my front forks after removing the wheel and wheel well. I was able to remove the bolt at the bottom in order to clean the inner tube and outer tube well. Put them back together and now I'm just about to fill it with fork oil.
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Stuck before I start

Posted November 8th, 2021 at 03:48 AM by JayVapes

So as I have gotten things in the mail, such as the clutch lever bolt new oem levers and adjustable levers, fork seals and dust covers, fork oil etc... I have been putting off a fork seal driver and I'm not sure which one to get. So I have to figure that out, I also have to figure out which coolant I want to be running in it. I already have begun to work on the fairings and the cyanoacrylate is working impressively well. After learning what abs slurry, glue and cement is I wanted to tray all those things but I havent purchased acetone. If these fairings break I will definitely be giving it a try. anywho I also need a motorcycle jack since I will be removing to forks to change the oil in them. So this blog is mostly to state I havent installed the new bars, levers, or fork seals because I dont have a Bike jack. I guess I could use a could use something else to hold it erect. Idk I'm challenged when it comes to thinking this way. I am the kind of person that says there is a right tool for...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Getting Things in the Mail

Posted October 19th, 2021 at 11:36 PM by JayVapes

Ive been thinking about what to do with my exhaust. one side has some light scratching and the other side has a heavy dent from swing arm from when the previous owner dropped it. Honestly when I first got this bike, I thought the owner had dropped it slightly but as I dive in and take things apart, I see all these odd things that they did to it and think about how hard he dropped it and hoe many times it did flips, jk. I find myself dreaming about my next bike and finding things that are more silly. I received a couple of oem levers in the mail today and I mocked them up on the old handle bars, and I had a lot memories come whooshing back when I would take the back roads in south Texas on my way to Corpus Christi. I ordered a couple other levers from another user on here named JJMAINE, I hope one day to make ride from Texas to Maine. The new aftermarket Levers are CRG levers, theyre adjustable and seem to be two or three finger levers, I'm not sure which ones I will put on the bike but...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Just a guy and his bike

Posted October 14th, 2021 at 10:33 AM by JayVapes

It’s been several years that I’ve owned this bike. I got it for my commute during college and it has always had a spot in my heart being it was my first motorcycle. I had it at my business for storage but after a break in I found that the thieves stole my key. And it was downhill from there. I had it in my mind to take it to a friends house and remove the ignition with all the tools he had. Simply put he and I had a falling out and we never worked on it but had disassembled the fairings and various pieces previously.

Anywho I ended up moving the bike not far by pushing it to another friends home who had many tools. We were planning on piecing it together but in a tragic turn of events he ended taken his own life. So months passed and my friends dad called to ask I wanted the bike and various pieces, he was moving…

The bike has made full circle and parked right back at my shop. After reading threads and chatting with peopl I decided to keep the old ignition...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Engine Rebuild/Overhaul Practice Run

Posted December 30th, 2017 at 01:09 AM by NinjaBraap

Over the winter break from Aviation Mechanics school, I've began working on restoring and practicing rebuilding/overhauling my first Motorcycle engine, a 1990 Yamaha FZR600. I say first Motorcycle engine because in school I've already overhauled and rebuilt a Lycoming O-320 reciprocating engine and a Allison 250 Turbine engine. Anyway, I wrote up the first post about it on my blog with photos, click the link below to head over and check it out!

NinjaBraap
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation