ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > sometimesido

Rate this Entry

Motorcycle trip planning - Day 4

Posted March 14th, 2009 at 03:33 PM by sometimesido

Rain Gear.

Having ridden the 250 60 miles today to and from work in the rain definitely sucked. It was an adventure.
I had my normal motorcycle gear plus Army Gore Tex Gear on top of that, but it was bulky and my army issue boots aren't waterproof. Oh, going to buy some Rain-X wipes and something for fog.

I now know the importance of good rain gear.

My almost bald stock Dunlop rear wasn't giving me any confidence at all either. It's still lot skinnier than a car tire and I did feel slightly better than my beater VW Cabriolet that needs alignment among other things.

Also, I think I was dehydrating. My legs were cramping up just a bit on the way back, 5 minutes from the house.

Note to self and others: Please drink plenty of water! I'd rather stop at a gas station to go to the men's room then dehydrate.

I'm going to try my best to plan this trip on a sunny week, but who knows how the weather's going to change mid trip.

inside was dry, but outside seemed to soak up the water a little but weighing it down.

Summer gloves: completely soaked, but I had waterproof tactical gloves underneath.

Feet/boots: wet.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2694 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation