Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > ally99

Notices

Rate this Entry

Week 2 of bike only

Posted September 17th, 2014 at 05:44 PM by ally99

Week number 2 of "Bike Only" from here until I can
a) no longer take it,
or
b) can afford to get my car fixed. (I teach. Therefore I want to avoid this if possible.)

**This means using only motorcycle or bicycle.

So, um, it's not even cold yet, and it's been an adventure. My leather jacket's armor seems to be "breaking" into pieces the last few times I've worn it. Goodie.
What else? I went out to pick up dinner and ended up with 2 drinks to get home with only my backpack. Hmm. Covered the cups with foil and "secured" a plastic lid. Placed both cups in a plastic sack and tied tightly. Stood both up in the bottom of my backpack, and the casualty was about 1/3 of one of the cups of tea had spilled because the lid came off due to the tin foil. Considering the bumps on my route home and the fact I had an open cup in my backpack, that was some smooth riding.
What else? Oh, I'm lubing the chain almost constantly.
I've ridden in the rain and fog. (I prefer that to be on the way home from work...on the way to work at 6 in the morning is only slightly annoying, but I don't mind it so much ). It's part of the journey sometimes.

So far, all is well. My next service is coming up pretty rapidly with all the recent commuting.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9560 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment

2. Old Comment
    update?

Motorcycle Safety Foundation