ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > himynameisjoe

Notices

1. Old Comment

An interesting situation...

Lol this might be true. Be he is also one of my best friends and I'd do anything for him, because I know he'd do anything for me.

You are right though.
    Posted March 20th, 2013 at 01:14 PM by himynameisjoe himynameisjoe is offline
  2. Old Comment

An interesting situation...

You live your life the way you see fit and should not be tied up just because somebody you met through a friggin game service doesn't approve. You don't need his approval and most of all, he has no business trying to control what you do.

Then again I'm a heartless bastard so sprouting stuff like that comes easily to me.
  3. Old Comment

Took Mom to the bike shop!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by himynameisjoe View Comment
    So yeah, 388 miles on it. Bought it didn't ride it, sold it
    I did pretty much the same thing with a 2011 ninjette. The previous owner only had it for like 4 months and had ridden it for less than 400 miles. I was really happy with mine too

It's such a kick riding it for the first time! Hell, it's such a kick riding my ninjette every time
  4. Old Comment

lol huh??? The bike is sold, to me. Tomorrow morning I'm dropping off the money I have in cash, then hopefully Saturday I'll drop the check from the loan office off, and then it will be mine. I need to get it out of their asap though. Part of my loan was I had to buy my insurance awhile, so right now my bike is insured by me, but still not in my possession.
    Posted December 27th, 2012 at 08:01 PM by himynameisjoe himynameisjoe is offline
  5. Old Comment

I am confused. I know that is not hard to do. Do you need to update your profile? What is sold?
  6. Old Comment

Yes in all honesty I agree. Which is why I'm now the owner of a lime green 2012 Ninja 250. Yes, I know not very "used" but I got a great deal on it. I wouldn't have went much more used than that anyway. This is a daily commuter for me. I don't mind old bikes or cars for that matter, if you have other means of transportation. Since I don't, this bike needs to work, 100% of the time.

So yeah, 388 miles on it. Bought it didn't ride it, sold it
    Posted December 27th, 2012 at 05:16 PM by himynameisjoe himynameisjoe is offline
  7. Old Comment

Joe ABS saves lives at all levels of ability. It only really kicks in on a panic stop and the instant you start to slide you will likely go down and whatever induced you to hit the brakes so hard, will be that much harder to avoid. I know if my first bike had ABS I would still have it.

I now have a 500. I like it. It is not as nimble as my 250 was, but does have more pull. The 300 was easier to get the front tier off the ground. None of the 3 bikes will drop you on your back.

Something to keep in mind is there are two types of bike owners, those who have dropped there bikes and those who will drop there bikes. I very much believe you will be happier dropping a used 250 or 500. Then get a spanking new 300 after a few months or a year.
  8. Old Comment

Yup, I've taken my course and gotten my gear way a head of time. Though I still need to get some decent pants and better boots. But I've got a while.

Personally, I don't like ABS... I think for a new rider, it's actually kind of a bad idea. Then you molly cuddle yourself into thinking you can't lock up the breaks, but what if your next bike doesn't have ABS. You're so used to that, something bad could happen. Idk haha just always my thought.

Yeah I just don't really like the 500 haha and omg right? I was like mom... you're out of your damn mind!!

I'm so exited to start riding. It's something I've wanted to do since I was about 10, so that's 10 years of wanting something. haha and then when I took that course... I was done. I was like yup, this is definitely for me.
    Posted December 4th, 2012 at 10:08 AM by himynameisjoe himynameisjoe is offline
  9. Old Comment

I don't think there's anything wrong with starting on a ninja 500 if you wanted to. Personally I think the 2fiddy is the nicer bike though!

Can't believe she was trying to get you to buy the Ninja 1000! Your mum is a squid!

I'm sure you've been told this lots already, but remember to take a riding course before you hit the road and if you value your skin, your brain and the rest of your body remember to always ride with ATGATT!

If you can afford it I think the Ninja 300 with ABS would be great. I would have got that for my first bike if it was available and I had the money... just for the safety features. The Ninja 250s (pre and post 2008) are all amazing too though and would serve you well.

I bet your excited to start riding! Such a good feeling.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation