ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

My Mods

Posted March 12th, 2014 at 12:33 PM by misfitsailor
Updated April 11th, 2014 at 09:03 PM by misfitsailor

Watt Man Thermobob (most important upgrade for engine life)
Koso RX2 GP gauge & plug-n-play kit
Corbin seat
Yoshimura full exhaust system
Yoshimura fender eliminator
Yoshimura exhaust hanger (rear footpeg assemblies removed)
Shogun No-Cut sliders
Stebel air horn
Steering stabilizer
GPS mount
Garmin hard-wired GPS power supply
Rear cowl
Roaring Toyz riser blocks
Roaring toyz lowering links
T-Rex adjustable kick stand
Rear spools
K&N air filter (and oil filters)
Reflective wheel tape (removed stock reflectors)
Dual USB outlet
Puig windscreen
Shorty adjustable levers
Chrome Ninja logo- bar ends, oil cap, front brake res cover, rear brake res cap
Pyramid Plastics "Fenda Extenda"
Cortech Super Mini tank bag (red, of course)
All Out Graphics "Casey Stoner" Moto GP graphics kit
Apex stainless steel brake lines, red...
Ninjette Jockey
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

The Full Yoshi.

Posted March 9th, 2014 at 11:57 PM by misfitsailor

I didn't want a loud exhaust for my 2010 ninja 250R, but I did want the bike to sound a little more "racy". My first try was to buy a Yoshimura slip-on. This was lighter, nice to look at and sounded nice (so long as the insert was in). But it didn't really add enough power to notice on the "butt dyno". I had resisted buying the full system, as it cost so much more. Eventually I decided to spend whatever was needed to help this machine meet it's potential. I sprang for the full Yoshi system. The Yoshi headers are larger in diameter than stock, and don't have that nasty front catalyst.

Today's ride was the first with the new pipes. I knew from the dyno charts posted online that most of the power increase would be at the top end. The first time I revved up past 10k RPM I could not help smiling! Once past 10,000 RPM, 13k comes up briskly in the mid gears. I saw the orange and then the red shift light on my Koso gauge come on for the first time,...
Ninjette Jockey
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The more I add the lighter the bike gets.

Posted February 24th, 2014 at 03:51 PM by misfitsailor

It occurred to me the other day that the more accessories I have added to my Ninjette, the lighter it has become. This seems ironic to me, but probably should not, as many after market doo dads do weigh less than their stock counterparts. The greatest weight loss items were undoubtedly the Yoshimura exhaust and swapping the rear seat and rear peg assemblies for the Yoshi muffler mount. The Koso gauge was also much lighter than stock. Some new parts were heavier than the originals, like the Stebel air horn. Other new parts are strictly add-ons, like the Shogun sliders and the steering damper, which add pounds. But overall, the trend has been to lower the overall weight of the bike. That's all well and fine, but the pounds I want to lose the most are on the rider!
Ninjette Jockey
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation