ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

Project 250R is COMPLETED!

Posted May 15th, 2010 at 08:18 PM by deezyellownutz

Check out the thread to see all the pictures from my 250R remake.

Its finally done!

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...901#post168901
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

250R Update

Posted May 7th, 2010 at 05:52 AM by deezyellownutz

Finally got an extra set of rear pegs for the drivers pegs on the bike. I managed to break one of the spring things. Bummer. I'll have to hit up the the forum for them.

Parts are due back from paint today. We finally decided to go with White with 50% blue pearl and 50% white pearl. This bike is going to make my zx10 look lame.

I ended up doing the R&G tidy tail, looks good and fits well. Instructions were lacking but I got idea and put everything together. R&G products are a little more expensive but well worth it in my option.

I have talked to Cycle Pirates about the folding foot controls and they might consider making them if the demand is high enough, so people call!

Ordering LED turn signals today. The wife just got her permit and will be taking the MSF class on the 19 - 21. Hopefully we both can be out on the road riding around by June.

I will post pictures of before and after when the 250R is done....
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Back after being sick

Posted April 9th, 2010 at 07:32 AM by deezyellownutz

Hello all,

Back now after a days recovering from some kind of food bug. My company had a Fenway park opening day party on Monday and they made hotdogs in a crook pot. Never AGAIN! I was dead sick for a few days. I was finally able to get Matt's package out in the mail on Wednesday after being sick. I have returned to work and haven't even touched any of the new parts that have arrived since.

The exhaust was going to be here yesterday but the shipper wanted delivery signature and confirmation. That means they want not only a signature but also a hand off to an acutal person and not just a signed piece of paper. Bummer so I had to call UPS and have them "hold" the package so now I have to go and get it as UPS was only going to deliver between 10 - 2 and no one is around today.

So tonight project will be, exhaust and the steering damper. I have to decide what I want to do with the tail but the hotbodies is a pain in the ass and probably...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

UPS - FedEx and USPS

Posted April 3rd, 2010 at 03:42 PM by deezyellownutz

They are all freaking scams!! I tell you, I've never had to much trouble to send anything in my life. I packed a fairing for a ninjette.org member, after learning my lesson with a canadian member that hey, shipping within the US is probably a lot easier and no different than normal... WRONG!... the box I packed was too big and UPS wanted $140 for me to ship. What kind of crap is that! So I had to unpack and repack everything. I feel really bad about being delayed but its because I've never had to send anything of this size before. I'm sure if it was just a seat cowl or tail piece, this would have been a breeze.

Anyways, anyone out there shipping fairings, especially the side lowers one, shop around and make your own box. USPS is prolly best.

later
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Rear and Front Sliders Installed!!!

Posted March 31st, 2010 at 09:55 PM by deezyellownutz

So I did the R&G frame sliders. I can tell you these things are thick and I believe would survice the crash. They com in two parts, the main assembly is solid aluminum... I felt good to handle and bolt on. All bolts were stamped 12.9 none of that 8.8 BS that we tend to see sometimes. Also the rear spools were pretty good. They came with the little spacer already molded on. I was thinking about buying T-Rex rear spools but when I inquired about them, they were pretty vague and I didn't like their response and the fact it didn't show spacers on the product photo... so no name ones of ebay! Wasn't bad $22 shipped. Ordered Monday and they got to me on Wedneday.

GPR sent my damper! Woot! so the story is I bought a F4i GPR damper that was new unopened and I sold the bike to get the Ninjette. Smart move right, I know thanks. Anyways I was able to do an exchange with GPR and get the damper for the Ninjette... I only paid $225 off of CL and $25 to ship to GPR!!!

ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Shipping

Posted March 31st, 2010 at 05:09 AM by deezyellownutz

Oh man, I never had such a hard time trying to ship something in my life! Then again I never shipped to Canada before. Anyways I was trying to send a part to a fellow ninjette.org memeber and I didn't realize that they were out of Canada. I realized it after the fact, but I didn't think too much of it. Hell, people from China send stuff to the US all the time right? Anyways, so off I go - Packed both items - doubled tapped - double wrapped.. and everything. I get to the post office... and waiting 30 minutes to find out its too big.

International shipments are limited to 79 cubic inches... wth is that all about... so anyways... I go home and find another box that was smaller but not too small that the parts would get damaged. Back to the post office and another 20 minute wait. It's still to big... hell its a fairing... its not going to get any smaller!... lol the post office worker tell me to to go to mailboxes etc. So I go... and I get a quote to ship... UPS $175 and FexEx...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Lowered and stripped

Posted March 29th, 2010 at 04:16 AM by deezyellownutz

Hello all.

Just another update. As promised I have posted up pictures of the parts of the bike for sale on the for sale thread I have posted.

I did the front lower kit and was only able to lower the front 1-1/4" and the rear I believe 1.5 inches. I was a little confused as there are five holes on the RT lowering link for the rear, one of the holes was same distance as the stock link so it made me wonder if the link was really 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and finally 3 inches.

Didn't make much sense there, since the hole with the shortest distance was the same distance as the stock on... anyways.. I used the 3rd hole in the bracket. Also installed the RT kickstand.

I took the ride for a test ride after to make sure everything was sound and it rides nice. I can actually not pay too much attention and ride it almost like a bicycle, unlike my ZX10 that demands more attention and concentration.

The 250R was pretty nibble and...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Picked up Bike

Posted March 27th, 2010 at 01:48 PM by deezyellownutz

Hello everyone, I have picked up the bike and stopped by the mall. Currently on the way home. Will post pics and all when I get home.
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Tags and Tax

Posted March 26th, 2010 at 11:06 AM by deezyellownutz

Went to the DMV today and got new tags for the 250R. Picked up the slip to wait my turn and there were 10 people in front of me... my number a A064 they were on A054... anyways the slip said "estimate wait time 18m15s" my @$$ it was... took me 45 minutes and $295 later. I was registered and have new tags! Yay.

Called the dealer, bike is ready for tomorrow. They open at 10AM. For all those who have been inquiring about the parts I am selling, I will have the pictures up once I get the bike home and tear her down to pack.

I expect another shipment of parts to arrive today. At least if anything gets done this weekend, I will be the front risers, rear lowering kit, kickstand and if I am lucky the R&G Sliders might show up today or tomorrow!

Looking forward to doing the sliders install and waiting for the remaining parts to arrive.

Chao!
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

First Set of parts arrived today

Posted March 25th, 2010 at 06:43 PM by deezyellownutz

So the lowering kit I bought from ninjablk08 arrived today. Let me tell you this man can PACK! Each part was wrapped and taped, and all the pieces were foam stuffed into a Hi-Box with Styrofoam and labeled, sealed and packed again into a USPS box... phenomenal job! You sure you don't work for a shipping company?

Gas tank arrived, I am a little disappointed as it it has a slight dent on the left hand side the size of a quarter. The auction clearly stated "Excellent and no dents" - I have emailed the seller and now waiting for a response. I think I should be entitled to some sort of discount due to their mistake. The dent is really hard to see, but I've worked in the auto body business before and and clearly see the dent. Hopefully the seller will respond by tomorrow before I make a claim.

Front V-Cowl came in as well... it was pretty beat up and the tabs were bent, but that was my fault. I thought it was due to the light reflecting off the item,...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation