ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > HoneyBadgerRy

Notices

Rate this Entry

Suspension Upgrades

Posted October 21st, 2015 at 04:59 PM by HoneyBadgerRy
Updated December 28th, 2015 at 06:30 PM by HoneyBadgerRy

I cut the fork springs to have the proper strength for my 134lb ass, slid the forks an inch up, and mouned clipons above the trippleclamps. Installed a 2004 Zx6r shock with zero preloaded, made 6.5" dogebones, and installed pirelli mt75s front and back. The bike feels planted. I had to remove the dash and install the trailtech vapor, lighter weight, more accurate, better looking, its a win win. The bike has more stance, I haven't pushed it yet (wet pavement dark, new suspension = no pushing), but it feels a lot better.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 31328 Comments 4
« Engine Mods     Main     Everything Canceled »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Cut 5.87" off of the springs, cleaned the forks, put in new 10wt, cut 7.87" preloaded spacers, installed everything. I didn't test ride it, just pushing the forks the springs seem nice, but there is way to much preloaded. I will take 1" off of the preload next.
    Posted October 22nd, 2015 at 02:25 PM by HoneyBadgerRy HoneyBadgerRy is offline

2. Old Comment
    Your on the right track, but you may need to trim more, so be ready for that. I assume you know how to properly check the sag.

I weigh about 220lbs with gear, so when I cut mine down, I used a set of EX500 springs, after cutting them down I needed +1" add to the amount cut.

Also keep in mind that to set sag, it's a balancing act between the front and rear.
  3. Old Comment
    Yeah I have the preload and sag figured out now. I think the spring stiffness is correct, but I can't test ride it yet, and that's the only way to test it.
    Posted October 24th, 2015 at 05:08 PM by HoneyBadgerRy HoneyBadgerRy is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Assuming you used the PreGen springs your new cut springs should be about .65 kg/mm which should be about right for street use.

Be sure the rear spring rate matches.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation