ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > deezyellownutz

Rate this Entry

Lowered and stripped

Posted March 29th, 2010 at 04:16 AM by deezyellownutz

Hello all.

Just another update. As promised I have posted up pictures of the parts of the bike for sale on the for sale thread I have posted.

I did the front lower kit and was only able to lower the front 1-1/4" and the rear I believe 1.5 inches. I was a little confused as there are five holes on the RT lowering link for the rear, one of the holes was same distance as the stock link so it made me wonder if the link was really 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and finally 3 inches.

Didn't make much sense there, since the hole with the shortest distance was the same distance as the stock on... anyways.. I used the 3rd hole in the bracket. Also installed the RT kickstand.

I took the ride for a test ride after to make sure everything was sound and it rides nice. I can actually not pay too much attention and ride it almost like a bicycle, unlike my ZX10 that demands more attention and concentration.

The 250R was pretty nibble and run to ride around the block a few times. I discovered that the front wheel bearing was bad so I have to take it back to have that replaced. Other than that, all the major plastics is off the bike.

I am shipping the first parts out today or tomorrow to a fellow ninjette.org member in CND. The parts I ordered should all be here today. So I can do a preliminary fit before everything is sent of to paint. BTW, the ebay that sold me that "dented" tank hasn't responded... what I jerk... I'll make sure he gets some bad feedback.

Stay tuned for more updates on the bike. The weather is crappy and I'm at work and its its only 7:15am... bummer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2890 Comments 0
« Picked up Bike     Main     Shipping »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation