spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
First time shooting B&W.

All shot using a Miranda Sensorex with a 135mm f/2.8. Some are with Ilford HP5+ 400, some are with Kodak TMAX P3200. It should be obvious which are which.

First two I edited mildly to bring out the contrast, the rest were edited to represent the physical print as best I could.

The sun was setting on my woman's lanai, and was casting some nice shadows on this plane statue.

Was walking around the mall and shot these from outside the front door.

And these were from a Memorial Day car show I showed up too late to. Tried panning a handheld 3lb camera at 135mm on a 1/8" shutter speed. There were 6 other shots like this, and these were the only two that came out decent (hair on the Bel Air is from the photo lab's print, not my scanning).

The airplane is epic! I love these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
Here's a few photos I'v shot lately.

Agreed, up the contrast a bit on these. You're other photos are awesome!

Sorry, a bit late to this thread, dug up a few old photos...

The engine: old T-Max 400 I had to use up. Nikon F501, Nikkor S non-AI modified for AI, f1.4, 1/15, human tripod, heavily cleaned up and corrected (The Nikon CoolScanIV I was using was very dirty at the time).

The post and rope: New at that time Ektachrome 100, same camera setup as above, untouched (aside the copyright blah).

The mugshot: Bad photo, but funny story that directly relates. My buddies and I made permanent hall passes and had the faculty approve them at my middle school so we could go to the front of the lunch line, get lunch and go back to the photo lab to play with photography. We would pretty much just develop film. We took the mugshots on film, printed it using a typical BW printing process (Do you know how hard it is to print 6 0.75" x 0.75" photos on 1 sheet of photo paper when you're 13?!?!) and glue them to the hall passes. Just to be cute we typed up the hall passes using the only type writer left in the building. I'd have to look long and hard to see if I still have that hall pass..

The last one is my oldest friend and I playing flash multiple exposures because we didn't have a multiple exposure camera. It was done in my crawl space because we didn't have any other place that was dark enough.

I like film. I only ever take digital photos with my iPhone anymore, but still carry the F501 and the same 50mm non-AI lens...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NS - Wohler Gma Diesel Engine_Polished_Final.jpg (103.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Image29.jpg (110.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg OLD0001.jpg (262.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg OLD0037.jpg (146.5 KB, 0 views)

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote