View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2015, 01:01 PM   #12
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Yeah thanks for the responses. I wasn't looking for advice as much as I was thinking of starting a fun topic since I haven't been on the forum much these days. It looks like I'll be shooting for Gallup NV which is only 911 miles. They have a 24hr Mtb race in Gallup in June so I figure I'll ride a loop of the course and see if it's worth coming back out to in a few months.

As for my avg speed, well that really depends on the wind direction. I pretty much ride WOT the whole way because the Mtb has a lot of drag. If it's a headwind I may be WOT in 5th do keep it at 70mph, if it's really strong then I'll be in 4th just trying to keep it above 65mph. If I get lucky and find a tail wind I've been know to cruise at 90mph. My fuel and food stops are short but then at 40mpg so is my range so it all ends up being average.

My longest time in the saddle was that 800 mile day at 13hr with a nice long dinner toward the end. My longest time on the MTB is 22hrs or 220 miles, so I can go the distance if I can stay awake. I'm not looking to set any records and I have time to spare so if I get tired I'll take a nap at a rest stop or call it a day.

Yeah I'd never rent some pile of crap bike from a shop to race on, I'm very particular about my setup and will only race my own stuff. I'll have to look into the greyhound thing but these races are alway in remote areas so I'd still have to find or rent a ride to and from the venue. Mtbers are the easier people to get ahold of and plan things with, especially if you don't know anyone in the area.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote