View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2015, 04:43 PM   #60
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
being able to change lines at a moments notice is pretty critical on the street as well

I tend to, intentionally, ride every line imaginable on the street at one point or another for that reason. I'll spend some time working on alt lines when I get to NJMP in 10 days...assuming I figure out the issues with the gsxr and fix them but that's a different discussion

I heard something that's a good idea to work on and figured this would be a good thread for it: When coming to a stop brake in such a way that the front end stays completely still when you finish stopping. I.e. the front doesn't bounce back at all. This is way easier said than done and requires you to be incredibly smooth on the brakes, I've been trying it every time I get on the brakes for the past few days and have only managed to do it twice out of 100+ tries. The end result conceivably is that it teaches you to be smoother on the brakes so you can trail them into a corner better at higher lean. "the fastest riders have the slowest hands" type thing