View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2015, 02:59 PM   #15
EternalNewb
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

To all who have replied, thank you so much. I'm just trying to focus on getting stuff done and getting a bike again as soon as possible. I have my life and my health, which is irreplaceable. One of the drivers who stopped to help was so relieved and happy I was ok, because there was a semi behind me when I went down, and he was worried it would hit me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
Glad you are ok. What gear were you wearing?
Fully armored, and out of production Scorpion leathers. I was wearing the pants as overpants, since I'm tiny, but it's all pretty thick leather, and I had armor on my knees, hips, elbows, shoulders, and back.
Boots were Dainese Torque RS Outs, and gloves were Held Phantoms. I'll try to post pictures later of the gear post-crash, when I have a chance. Helmet was untouched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg2077 View Post
Bummer about the bike but the bigger story is that you're alive to ride another day. You'll feel way better when you get another bike.

So when are you picking up the R6?
Hahaha, I was waiting for that. I may just get another little Ninja. EternalNewb--doing it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapshot View Post
Ouch! Sorry to see this. Glad that you're okay. Bikes will come and go, but the important thing is that we stay.

Is there anything that you'd have done differently? Sorry. Gotta ask...

Good luck with the insurance company!

Ride on,

J~
No need to apologize. I've been over it again and again, and aside from roll my camera, I can't think of anything. I couldn't slow down more prior to making the lane change, due to a semi behind me, and had ample space ahead since there hadn't been any car in the way when I had initiated my lane change. My insurance company also told me in not so many words that I wasn't at fault, but will legally be held responsible as 100% at fault, since they probably won't be able to prove the cutting off/brake checking. I was already slowing down from 35-40 max, and when you see how little damage was on my gear, or me for that matter, it's pretty apparent I wasn't going very fast. Even the CHP officer seemed to be totally on my side, but again, without any proof, I'm screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
Damn, sorry to heard but good you're ok!

+1 on going from the 250 to 300. Miss my 250 but love my 300 more.
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
Glad you're ok physically. There is an amazing selection of bikes out there for you to enjoy shopping for, it's a shame for sure though.

Sidenote: The R6 is an amazing bike As are the N300/R3/RC390
Thanks for the input, haha. It all comes down to finances, really, as far as swapping up to a 300/390 goes.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote