View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2015, 04:51 PM   #25
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
So it would appear that the pilots are functioning normally, but for some reason there is an issue with the either the slides, diaphragm or main jets.

However I think I may have found another issue. While looking at the diaphragms again I noticed that the end of one of the needles (just the end, the rest is straight) was bent ever so slightly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these have to be perfectly straight or they'll cause problems? I tried straightening them, but it didn't change much.

Also I was looking at the parts diagram and it appears there are two different part numbers for the needles on either side. Are they not the same needle on both sides?

Video of issue: https://youtu.be/1hmVPiM5LCU
needles are the same don't worry about it.

So prior to attempting this rejet when was the last time you road your bike? Was it functioning 100% normal? At this time what was your setup? your exhaust, airbox yadda yadda yadda everything relevant

if your needles were bent i would think that would cause more of a problem in the low revs up to 1/4 throttle as they might not seat properly but as long as they are sliding freely up and down with the slides and are not catching preventing the slides from moving up i can't see how that would cause much problems in the hi revs when you are deep in the throttle which seems to be your problem

how did your needles get bent anyway? Are they the OEM needles?

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote