View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2015, 10:06 AM   #27
Ninja Rob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
It's a pain, but just have the paperwork fixed. It will save you much headache later.
I did a background check at the police station before I bought it using the VIN#. The receipt that the PO gave me was a receipt from a booklet that you buy at Walmart or Staples. I think he kept it for his own records but as far as anything that I filed with the DMV, the mileage was not requested. I remember the guy at the DMV saying that any title transfers less than a certain dollar amount do not require the mileage. So I guess I am fine. The mileage was never recorded in any official state documents. What I will do is request the vehicle (bike) history just to be informed of what I have. Then I will go from there. I like my 250, but a 300 would be nice too. I have done wide open throttle up to gear 4 and I have to say that the 250 still has plenty to offer me. I had to hold on tight to the handle bars so I would stay on the bike.