View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2015, 06:26 AM   #1
eulark
ninjette.org member

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Blue Ninja 250, 98 ZX6E, 06 ZX636

No Turnover Even with Jump

As of January I was riding the ninjette just fine. then I was in a car accident and the bike sat outside. By the time I got around to healing and trying to start the bike, the battery was dead as expected and the carbs which have been needing a rebuild were probably gummed up. Since my generator cover was leaking (later found out, the cover still had the original gasket. then I proceeded to sandwhich a new gasket. doh!), I pulled out back and took off the cover, replaced the gasket and made sure the starter gear was in place.

Now my battery is charged, but even when jumped the bike doesnt turn over. It did a few times, and then just stopped. If I hold down the button long enough I can hear a straining noise and the motor may turn a hair. Then to top it off, at one point while holding the starter button, the motor turned once and there was a deafening pop from the exhaust. It sounded like a mortar in my little metal shed.

That is all I got out of it. As a side note, I drained everything again and pulled off the cover and the starter gear fell out (I dont have a center stand so the bike leans). I had to do this because when I tried to pull the starter off, it wouldnt come. Turns out it was jammed up against the gear. Once the gear came out, the starter came off easily.
Even after resetting everything, the bike still wouldnt turn over even hooked up to my yukon's battery.

there is also a grinding sound somewhere. I'm wondering if all the oil didnt drain from a cylinder and thereby causing a stiff movement?

I was really hoping to get this back on the road so I could focus on my zx6e project.
eulark is offline   Reply With Quote