View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2015, 09:51 AM   #18
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Ninja View Post
Thank you, that's great advice. I usually stay indoors with the A/C on full blast when it's that hot so I have no idea what to expect!
Keep shaded at all times if you can. The sun out here can cook you up quick. Maybe even a nice big hat...like something you would wear to the horse races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Ninja View Post
Do I have to sign up for the New Rider School in advance?? I'd love to take that!
Nope, but during Riders Meeting Erwin usually announces anyone taking the New Riders School to head over to the classroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
Nope just walk in to the classroom area after the riders meeting.

If Matt isn't teaching in the school I recommend talking to Erwin, though they are all great guys and teachers. Erwin taught me a lot and is very patient - he helped me a great deal when I started out. His enthusiasm is ridiculous!
As Max said....UNFORTUNATELY :-(...I JUST found out today that I have a MANDATORY EMPLOYEE ORIENTATION that weekend for work (we are being merged) that I have to attend...so I won't be making it for the weekend after all. As Max said, talk to Erwin. He's the head instructor for the New Riders School. Of course there are others too that you can speak to. If not, maybe Tania will be there--as well as instructing New Riders School. She is also Trackdaz staff and she also rides/races a Ninja 250. She could help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
we dont have that fancy humidity out here thankfully
Luckily, but it did happen a couple times at CVR. The most memorable was when it rained like crazy where it was like an inch of rain on the ground in the pits. Then it stopped and the sun came out in full force. It created so much humidity it was unbearable. You couldn't breathe and everyone was sweating like crazy. It did dry up the track rather quickly. This happened in October 2010.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote