View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2015, 12:06 PM   #22
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Name: D.

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 ABS

Alrighty, just came back from the dealership...

They said that they didn't want to rip apart the bike because if they didn't find anything then I would have to pay for the time to rip it apart and try and find something that could not be replicated upon my arrival at the dealership.

They checked the clutch and oil level. They determined the oil level was way too high (filled the entire window) and said that could have been the cause of the clunk noise because there might have been too much oil pressure, which would cause the clutch to possibly have trouble engaging correctly.

They drained some of the oil and told me if I hear the noise again to bring it back. They felt pretty confident that was the cause. Now, they were the ones who put all that frickin oil in because they were the ones who did my first service

As for the chain, they cleaned, lubed, and adjusted the slack. It appears, from the alignment tick marks, they moved my wheel back maybe 1-2 millimeters. There was about 1.25 inches of play before I brought it in and now there's about 15 millimeters of play so they definitely tightened it.

All in all, it cost me a $20 tip to the guy who worked on my bike. They didn't write it up and it didn't cost me a service. It would have cost me $20 for the work on the chain anyway so whatever.

Good news is, I didn't hear the clunk on the ride there nor the ride back!!

D.
DSomething is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.