Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverchair19 View Post
I get 130 miles to the whole tank including reserves about 115-119 til I switch to reserves.. I checked for leaks and found none. The bike only has 2400 miles on it I just don't get why this bike would be having this issue when I see everyone claiming 40 mpg as their minimum. I'm now shifting at lower rpm (4-5 k rpm), not sitting upright, and I adjusted my idle to 1,600 rpm. It was set at about 1,900 -2,000 rpm. I also just filled the tank and added double the sea foam from last time. Has anyone else had a low mpg like this?
You should be needing to switch to reserve around 180 or 200 miles after a fill up.

You may have a float valve that is leaking badly with the vibration of the engine and overflowing the bowl.

This may be happening only when the engine is working, producing vacuum to activate the petcock and vibrations.

If happens when the engine is off, then some fuel is going into your oil in the crankcase, increasing the volume and ruining the oil.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.