View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2015, 03:27 PM   #20
spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
unfortunately no pictures, I was working quickly... However, it's pretty easy to get too...

1.) Remove side covers, seat, tank, right side fairing (right if you're sitting on the moto).
2.) Disconnect clutch cable from lever.
3.) remove clutch cable mount from right side of motorcycle (if you're sitting on the moto).
4.) Remove the other 9 bolts (I think) from the clutch cover.
5.) Spin clutch actuator all the way down until it won't rotate anymore.
6.) Remove clutch cover by using two pry tabs. Be careful, you'll probably tear the gasket. If you're careful and don't destroy it, you'll be able to reuse it.
7.) Look to the right and below the clutch pack, if the clutch pack were a clock, at 4:45. If you can poke at the gear and make it wobble, it has fallen off.

To put the gear back on the shaft, remove the clutch pack and basket, you can then reseat the gear on the shaft and put it all back together.

If you tore the gasket, line it up very carefully, and tighten the bolts carefully. Thus far, mine tore and it hasn't leaked a drop...
@DmbShn41, it could be, but I doubt it. If the instrument cluster was dying, the lights would be off, and things wouldn't be working. I'm still betting on an open circuit somewhere.. Maybe not a ground, but possibly a bad sensor and connecting wire...

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote