Old May 26th, 2015, 08:42 AM   #8
spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by micellis View Post
I'm completely stock as far as I know. PO brought the bike up from KC from what the titlework looked like and didn't ride it much. I put some seafoam in the tank for the winter, would it be worth running a full tank of with seafoam through it before I pull the carbs?

I was planning on draining and cleaning the tank, changing the fuel filter when I pull everything off for the carbs. If it turns out to be a vacuum leak would it be better to just replace all of the lines?
If you're gonna remove the carbs, no sense in running more sea foam through it...

No need to replace the lines, fuel filter or any parts if you can clean them. If ANY lines however are cracked, brittle or hard it would be best to replace them...

It sounds to me like this might be a compound issue. Gummed up carbs can also cause your symptoms, so it would be best to start taking things apart and investigating further...

If you require any assistance, I'm in Golden... I'll be gone the first 2 weeks in June, but after that I'd be happy to assist where needed. Post up some pics as you take things apart and we can help you further on here.

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.