View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #1
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Suzuki GSX-R750

Cortech Sport Tailbag

I was on my bike 2 day, I was heading over to see my son, after I left the gym, and I had my tail bag on my bike...The cortech sport..I ordered it 8/25/09 and probably used it a total of 3 times..The first couple times I used it it seemed fine, I thought it was secure enough...I dont know what happened 2 day but as I was driving down the road maybe doing 70 mph, I started noticing black pieces of something flinging out from behind my motorcycle, then performance started to get affected, so I thought oh **** I'm about to lose my tire, I got over to the side of the road as soon as I could, made the mistake of using the rear brake when slowing (out of habit) and almost wiped out...When I got off the bike to see what it was...There it was, my brand new tailbag jammed between the rear tire and swing arm..Then all the sudden smoke strted coming billowing out from under the bike, all the shreds of tailbag had melted to the muffler and pipe, and were now burning...Luckily I had a can of monster energy still intact inside the tail bag, and I poured it on the smoldering shreds...I know the tailbag was secure when I left the gym, so somehow it managed to free itself...I wonder if motorcycle superstore will let me return it?? Anyways I tried to get the mmelted tailbag off of the exhaust, the best I could, but it still smokes for now..I guess I have an excuse to get the Jardine Gp1 exhaust now..$63.00 tailbag used 3 times DESTROYED!! this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It also destroyed the stock rear hugger I had on my bike, But a replacement only costs like $20.00 from motosport....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (184.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (202.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (180.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (155.2 KB, 3 views)
AnarchoMoltov is offline   Reply With Quote