View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2015, 07:38 AM   #36
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floki View Post
The plan is to find a machine shop too straighten the forks, since the bend it so slight.

But I have a questions. I'm reading up on the forks across generations and they say they're all basically the same fork, just with different bodies to attach brakes/fender. Could I buy a pregen/300 straight fork, new seals etc. and swap the fork tube onto my fork body? Not sure if they're actually that much the same or not.
The PreGen has 36mm forks while the newer bikes have 37mm, so those won't swap in. My understanding is that the 300 has "the same" forks, so those tubes should at least fit.

I'm a bit curious about swapping some NewGen/Gen2 500 fork parts around too. However, the 500 lists 5.1" of travel while the NewGen only lists 4.7". I'm wondering which part(s) create that travel limit, and if swapping some of the NewGen parts in would reduce my travel.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote